New sub rates for Ancestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New sub rates for Ancestry

I have just had a renewal email from Ancestry UK for later in November and have noticed the price has gone up to £119.99 annually which is over £12 a year rise. I have emailed them and told them I think it is too much of a jump. I know it won`t get me anywhere but I had to make the point. What does everyone else think ?
    Last edited by LynSpain; 31-10-15, 13:43.

Hi Lyn
    I too had a renewal email but didn't realise that the price had increased.
    This is a note at the bottom of the email
    * Your membership will automatically renew 03 November 2015. At that time, you will be charged the same price as when you signed up, unless you started on an introductory or promotional price or if you were notified of a change to your renewal price. If you don't want to renew, you need to cancel at least two days before your renewal date. Cancel by visiting the My Account section. See our Terms and Conditions for further details.
    Note it says I will be charged the same price as when I signed up. Just looked at my order history & I have been charged £107-40 each year since 2008.
    Can you give me a contact number or email address so that I too can contact them please?
    Moggie

Comment

Originally posted by maudarby View Post
      Hi Lyn
      I too had a renewal email but didn't realise that the price had increased.
      This is a note at the bottom of the email
      * Your membership will automatically renew 03 November 2015. At that time, you will be charged the same price as when you signed up, unless you started on an introductory or promotional price or if you were notified of a change to your renewal price. If you don't want to renew, you need to cancel at least two days before your renewal date. Cancel by visiting the My Account section. See our Terms and Conditions for further details.
      Note it says I will be charged the same price as when I signed up. Just looked at my order history & I have been charged £107-40 each year since 2008.
      Can you give me a contact number or email address so that I too can contact them please?
      Moggie
      Yes, mine has been that price for a few years too, I just thought it was a big jump. To email them, go to Ancestry-help-ask a question-and fill in the online form.

Comment

Originally posted by LynSpain View Post
        Yes, mine has been that price for a few years too, I just thought it was a big jump. To email them, go to Ancestry-help-ask a question-and fill in the online form.
        Thanks Lyn.
        I will email them. If it wasn't for the fact that the 1939 register might throw up things I need to search for on Ancestry I would cancel my sub.
        Moggie

Comment

Working...
        X