Arthur Jackson Hand Engraver Cheshire 1946-1962

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur Jackson Hand Engraver Cheshire 1946-1962

I am looking for any information about Arthur Jackson born 1921 Glossop Derbyshire Died 2002 Southport Lancashire Arthur was a Hand Engraver on his Marriage Certificate in 1946 Hollingworth Chester, and was in the same occupation in 1962 as mentioned in will/probate of Parent. I would like to know what kind of hand engraving he did and if he worked for a company or was self employed. Did he advertise his service anywhere? Thank you Pam

Was going to suggest contacting the Hand Engravers Association but I see you have already found their Facebook page!
    Elaine

Comment

There is a Hollingworth near Hyde which is now in Tameside (not Chester) so that may narrow down your searches in you are contacting libraries for directories. also does he have a phone number on Ancestry site which may give you an address for him. havent got a sub at moment so cant look him up for you. sorry.
      Angelina

Comment

arthur jackson hand engraver

Arthur Jackson was living at 8 Carr House Lane Hollingworth on his marriage certificate of 19th October 1946 He died in 2002 in Southport I don't have any other addresses for him at the moment Thanks Pam

Comment

I don't suppose this could have anything to do with him could it? Arthur Jackson and Co Ltd was founded in 1948 in Brighouse West Yorkshire, about 23 miles from Hollingworth. It's a manufacturer of high precision patterns, dies and other types of tooling in metal, resin and wood and the managing director is Andrew Jackson.
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

some of the births and marriages are on Cheshire BMD under Tameside.

other older records come under Derbyshire. The archives for Tameside are at

Tameside Local Studies and Archives Centre
            Central Library
            Old Street
            Ashton-under-Lyne
            OL6 7SG
            0161 342 4242 phone

Comment

Working...
            X