jane lorrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jane lorrain

Sometimes on the LDS site, pedigree Resource File , I have picked up some extra information at the bottom of the relevant page . This info. I found was submitted by rpurvis2733709.At the time I didn`t think it was relevant but now I do .The problem is I can`t find it again ! (I have others with `notes` at the bottom

I have a Jane Lorrain b 1789 m 1814 in Berwick ,Northumberland ,to a Samuel Purvis b 1794 .

They had 4 children all born in Berwick
    Keteron b 1814
    James 1817
    William 1819
    Samuel 1821

Samuel b1794 died in 1821 and is buried in Holy Trinity Churchyard, Berwick

Jane Lorrain then married a William Purves b 1788 Berwick -on -Tweed,Northumberland but can`t find a marriage date,but it must have been after 1821 .One or two of their children/grandchildren have Lorrain as their middle name

There was a bit of info at the bottom of the page regarding Jane and William either living in same house or next door , not sure which .Trying to prove it is Jane Lorrain who married William Purves,there is some doubt .William apparently married a Jane Robertson in 1810 in Berwick. William is buried in Berwick Civic Cem,and Jane Lorrain is named as his wife on headstone .

I have tried every combination of names etc ,but just can`t pick it up again .
    Have they changed the format or am I missing somethng .
    Would be grateful if anyone could have a look for me
    Thanks
    julip

Is this what you're looking for? Hopefully this link will work

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

If you start here you can filter the search down to pedigree resource files

Jackie

Comment

Hi Jackie ,
      This is exactly what I was looking for !!
      Thank you so much , I knew it was there .
      Although there is no mention of a marriage Jane is listed as his wife . So it is possible they were not married .But she obviously knew him when she married Samuel.The witness J.R.is most likely to be James Robertson Purves, William`s brother.

Thanks
      Evelyn
      Last edited by julip; 25-10-15, 13:45.

Comment

Working...
      X