You never know what you might find!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You never know what you might find!

Was having a quick look on FMP at Kent B M and D's for my side of the family and found Gran on my husband's side who lived in Fulham and got married in Fulham. Had her Banns read in Lower Halstow, Kent as Granddad was stationed there on a training torpedo boat.. 1911

Completely chance find and gives more info about Grandad's role in the Navy than the marriage cert gives

Linda

Bet you were well pleased Linda.
    Amazing what pops up in unexpected data bases. Whenever a new resource is available online, I always try to do a quick initial blanket search for my four main surnames in the relevant counties which has led to some super discoveries.

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I was browsing a new noncon register on Lan-opc for something and came across my great grandfather's "acceptance into the church membership" at the age of 18. His sponsor's name (also a church member) solved the lifetime mystery of his odd middle name! My gran always said the name was connected with the royal family. Sorry gran, three generations of men in my family were named after a grocer, lol.

A pure gold find. I would never have found that anywhere else.

OC

Comment

Working...
      X