Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Find my Past Subscription (UK not World) How much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find my Past Subscription (UK not World) How much?

I have used Find My Past for a while now. I used to have a World subscription but reduced it to just the UK for the last year. I do not have automatic renewal. My subscription end on the 30th October and I have received an e-mail offering me 10% discount if I renew now. But without clicking on the Claim 10% discount I don't know how much it is going to cost me.

Does anyone please know what the annual subscription for UK membership costs please? How much can I expect to have to pay? I am in two minds about renewing because I don't research as much as I used to.

Would welcome your comments.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Hi Linda,

The current Annual Subscription for the UK is £99.50. Of course if you only wanted to go on it occasionally it works out to £9.95 per month.
    Hope this helps

Arthur

Comment

Thank you Arthur.
      Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

FMP are constantly offering deals - quite recently there was a 50% discount on an annual subscription but I think that has expired now.

They also offer a one month subscription for £1 - the code for that at the moment is sagaonline15 - but it changes every few weeks. A lot of people are using this sort of subscription as an almost continuous membership, i.e. subscribe for one month remembering to untick the autorenew, and then when that month ends resubscribe using a similar offer.

I would wait until your sub expires and then see what offers are around. I think the 10% discount is an almost permanent one .. but you might be able to better it when the time comes.
        Elaine

Comment

I renewed mine recently and including the 10% discount it was Amount:£89.55 GBP for 12 Month Britain Subscription

I do hope that people really aren't able to be continually subscribing using the offers - they mostly say that they are only for new people so I hope that that is true. If they are able to, then I resent subsidising their research when I pay up front!! Doing a few lookups is fine and I will do those within reason, but I reckon it's dishonest to regularly subscribe for the equivalent of £12 a year.

I felt like this when there were complaints about the new format and many people who complained/pretended that they were having problems got free months - up to a year's worth in some cases - those who kept quiet got nought!! They did have 50% deal at the time which previous users were eligible to have and I took advantage of that but that was because of the furore at the time and the next one I was not eligible for.
          Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

I got six months free and I never said a word! In fact I have always been happy with the new search. Got the offer to renew for 18 months instead of a year, which runs our this December.
            I'm sure people have said on here that the £1 offers are for new subscribers only.

When you think how much it costs just to do one days research away from hime even £100 is a bargain
            Anne
            Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 18-10-15, 13:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Caroline View Post

I do hope that people really aren't able to be continually subscribing using the offers - they mostly say that they are only for new people so I hope that that is true. If they are able to, then I resent subsidising their research when I pay up front!! Doing a few lookups is fine and I will do those within reason, but I reckon it's dishonest to regularly subscribe for the equivalent of £12 a year.
              Unfortunately they do not restrict these offers to first time subscribers, which is why so many are using the £1 offer as an almost continuous membership. There has also been an offer of worldwide one month sub for £1, although the current code just seems to apply to UK records only.

I agree it does seem very harsh when others are paying full price - even the 10% loyalty discount which FMP promised for anyone on continuous membership is pretty worthless now as they seem to have a permanent 10% discount available for new or old subscribers.

I did take advantage a little while ago of a 50% discount on a world subscription which was tagged on to my existing sub - not quite as bad as continually subscribing for just £1 a month - but I suppose still taking advantage of the system!
              Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                Unfortunately they do not restrict these offers to first time subscribers, which is why so many are using the £1 offer as an almost continuous membership. There has also been an offer of worldwide one month sub for £1, although the current code just seems to apply to UK records only.

I agree it does seem very harsh when others are paying full price - even the 10% loyalty discount which FMP promised for anyone on continuous membership is pretty worthless now as they seem to have a permanent 10% discount available for new or old subscribers.

I did take advantage a little while ago of a 50% discount on a world subscription which was tagged on to my existing sub - not quite as bad as continually subscribing for just £1 a month - but I suppose still taking advantage of the system!
                Whoops, I did the same and I had only just purchased the year World Wide sub in October 2014,but when they offered a year at half price, I purchased and was able to get a whole year added to my existing one, which now runs out mid October 2016, so I am well pleased. However, I suppose one could argue that this sort of deal favours those who have enough money to take advantage of the deals as they come along. I have also had two days added when the free weekend was offereed to the public.

I would have thought that if FMP really think that people were cheating by getting continual £1 month deals, that they would have got on to it by now, and stopped those from doing this. After all you have to continue giving an e mail address and surely that would arouse suspicion? If people are giving different e mail addresses each time then I for one could not be bothered with the hassle of that! FMP will stop the deals when enough people are hooked back into genealogy to pay the full price. Shops at present are offering continuous sales, but all this just reflects how uncertain the times are that we live in, and as, or if the economy improves, then so will the deals on everything stop and disappear altogether. My FH group will not even purchase the £1 month deals, never mind half price!! I do some work on their behalf, but my eyesight does not allow me to do the things I used to do for them, so they will have to change their ideas and get a limited sub or lose out in the genealogy stakes.

Janet
                Last edited by Janet; 18-10-15, 14:57.

Comment

It's not cheating if it's a valid offer available for successive months. If I can pay £1 for a month of FMP after my current £1 offer ends then I'll certainly do so.
                  Eighteen -- Hadleigh, Suffolk; Reading, Berkshire
                  Hendry -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire
                  Wylie -- Ballymena, Antrim; Glasgow, Lanarkshire

Comment

Oh my goodness. I got quite excited there at Elaine's info re a new FMP £1 offer. I wouldn't have ever considered myself dishonest or a cheat. I regularly take up the offer of the £1 and would have dearly loved to subscribe to the 50% reduction offer but as I also subscribe to Ancestry could not afford both.

I think the £1 offer could be seen as a 'loss leader'. It certainly has tempted me to the site at a time when lots of people were complaining about it and with the subsequent £1 offers I have subscribed to, I note the site is now much improved.

I shall put it on my Christmas list.

Vera
                    Last edited by vera2013; 19-10-15, 15:49.

Comment

I shouldn't have used the word dishonest -but it is still wrong for it to be possible within a certain time period. I hope that the loophole is closed and I do not have to continue subsidising everyone else's research since I cannot add the £1 month at a time payment to a full subscription.
                      Caroline
                      Caroline's Family History Pages
                      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
                      X