FTM media files import process using photoshop lightroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM media files import process using photoshop lightroom

Using FTM 14 and photoshop lightroom here. My process for importing images into FTM is first to export the image from LR (lightroom) to a folder on the desktop. From there in FTM I select import media and navigate to the desktop folder from which I associate each picture with the individual. My question is once this is done can I send that desktop folder to the recycle bin without breaking any "links" between the picture and the source. I may have asked this before but forgot the answer.

Thanks

It depends how you put the images on your tree when you first added them. You'll have been given the option to either link the file but leave it where it is without copying it, or copy the file into a FTM media folder.

If you chose the first option and then delete the folder, the files will also be deleted from your tree. I always copy my images to the tree to be on the safe side.
    Jackie

Comment

Media files

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
      It depends how you put the images on your tree when you first added them. You'll have been given the option to either link the file but leave it where it is without copying it, or copy the file into a FTM media folder.

If you chose the first option and then delete the folder, the files will also be deleted from your tree. I always copy my images to the tree to be on the safe side.

Did an experiment which has proven that I originally did a "copy" so I'm deleting the desktop folder

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X