BT internet anybody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT internet anybody

I have been trying to set up windows mail but keep getting the message socket error 10051 and 0x800CCCOE
    can you tell me what I should be putting in the servers ? thanks

Sorry Val, no idea, I just use the web based email and have done for years, so I can access it anywhere on any device. Have forgotten everything about setting up mail on a computer.
    Anne

Comment

Have you looked at your previous query about this? There are several links near the beginning.

Also: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/d...with-windows-8 - W10 would be the same.

https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-Broadband-Speed/btinternet-com-email-using-Window-Mail/td-p/10052/page/3

Caroline
      Caroline's Family History Pages
      Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Thanks for responding ,did do that at the time Caroline even got onto BT and their help was useless, was hoping somebody who had BT could tell me
        Or maybe tell me of a good email programme I could use, am having trouble with my emails coming through.
        Anne excuse my ignorance but what is a web based email
        Last edited by Guest; 16-10-15, 12:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          Thanks for responding ,did do that at the time Caroline even got onto BT and their help was useless, was hoping somebody who had BT could tell me
          Or maybe tell me of a good email programme I could use, am having trouble with my emails coming through.
          Anne excuse my ignorance but what is a web based email
          As I said before, I use Incredimail and have done since 2002 with no problems even when changing systems/pcs/countries/ISPs. Even so, the server names etc. should be the same. I still have BT Yahoo as they never moved me over in the end. I read the emails online, get rid of the dross and then what I decide to keep gets downloaded to my main PC (when that is turned on) into Incredimail .

I assume that you have come across this page: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-vista/windows-mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish

Caroline
          Caroline's Family History Pages
          Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

thanks again Caroline thats what I have incredimail but for some reason people are saying they are not getting my emails and nor am I getting theirs, have done a repair on it but its still causing problems, and when I open it get the message not responding it then takes ages to open .

Comment

Val if you go to the BT website http://home.bt.com/
              Across the top is a purple stripe and at the right is the email link. Click on that and it should take you to a log in page for email where you put in your address and password.
              The email is all carried out on the internet; they arrive there and are stored there, not on your computer ... no more lost emails if you have a computer problem, they are still there!
              In fact unless you have previously set up your computer based email program to delete the messages on the server you will find all your past emails still there!

You will probably hate it at first (I did!) because it seems slower sometimes and different but you can set up folders to store emails you want to keep just as you can in an email program. Also I can sign in with the same password on my iPad or phone and get the emails just the same. Wherever you gain access it already knows which emails you have already read and deleted etc.

Not very good at describing and have tried to describe it before, so keep asking if you need more!
              Anne

Comment

did all that thanks Anne but should I already have emails there ? as I dont have any, sorry to sound thick

Comment

It will depend on how your email program was set up on the computer. Sometimes they are set to remove the email from the server as soon as it is opened on the computer, in which case there won't be any there if you are still opening them in your email program.
                  Anne

Comment

okay and thanks for being patient

Comment

No worries, Val. Keep asking and I'll help if I can.
                      Anne

Comment

Working...
                      X