Spreadsheets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spreadsheets?

Does anybody know if it is possible to add a spreadsheet into Ancestry?

I have transcribed a will with dozens of codicils and endowments of money and personal effects. To keep track of it all, as I was doing it, I put it in a spreadsheet. All nice and neat. Especially as he had numerous million Rupees.

I have found though that I can attach the will as a series of jpegs, but not the transcript thereof as a spreadsheet. Would it be better to convert the spreadsheet to a pdf and attach that, or to a Word document and paste the spreadsheet into that?

Anybody had a similar problem? Any thoughts?

Regards

Kiltpin
    Whannell, Eaton and Jackson, in Scotland, India and England

Dugdale, Ramm, Garrod, Taylor and Smith in Norfolk and Hull

http://www.familytreeforum.com/forum...-Tree-Software you might be better asking on here for the Computer and software tech people

Edna

Comment

These are the supported media and file types - looks as if you will need to convert to pdf.

files.jpg
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks, Edna and Elaine. It is pretty much as I feared - pity as I find spreadsheets great for working out "who's who in the zoo"!

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          These are the supported media and file types - looks as if you will need to convert to pdf.
          Which is straightforward - programs to "print" files as PDFs are readily available. I use PageManager PDF writer.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Depending on which version of Excel you are using, you can "save as" a PDF file directly from Excel. Can certainly do this in Office 2013 - probably in earlier versions too.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
              Which is straightforward - programs to "print" files as PDFs are readily available. I use PageManager PDF writer.
              Originally posted by Richard in Perth View Post
              Depending on which version of Excel you are using, you can "save as" a PDF file directly from Excel. Can certainly do this in Office 2013 - probably in earlier versions too.
              Thanks, John and Richard, I use Excel regularly and was aware of that feature. I am adding PDFs to my tree as we speak.

Regards

Kiltpin

Comment

Working...
              X