Wray/kincaid- glasgow & donegal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wray/kincaid- glasgow & donegal.

Can anyone help-I'm looking for descendants of my Gt. Grandparents Joseph Wray & Rebecca Kincaid (Donegal). Rebecca's father was Shelburn (Shelbourne) Kincaid and her mother was Jane Moore. Rebecca had a brother William who I think married Rose Anne Bone and they lived in Glasgow...one of their sons was also Shelburn. I'm trying to find anyone who may have knowledge/information on the families that could help in my family tree research.

Joseph & Rebecca appeared on 1901 Donegal Census but I can't find them anywhere in 1911 and I presume they had died. My grandpa(9) and his brother (12)were living with their older brother and his wife at 1911 but no mention of Joseph & Rebecca. I have the soldiers effects records of two of their sons (one of whom won the MM) and it shows Rebecca as being deceased prior to 1918 (date on Soldier Effects record but dates of death of both boys was 1915 in France & Flanders). Children of Joseph & Rebecca are:

Joseph Shelburn Wray b.30.09.1884 (married Gardiner), Margaret Ann Wray (Maggie- married Moore) b. 11.10.1887, Frances Wray (Fanny) b. 25.04.1890 (Emigrated to Canada married McNab), ****Mary Wray b. 17.03.1892 ****, Charles Henry Wray MM b. 05.09.1894 died France & Flanders, Emily Smith Wray b. 25.09.1896 (married Morrison), John Wray b. 10.07.1898 died France & Flanders, William Rankin Wray b. 30.11.1901 (grandpa) Re *** Mary*** I can find no information on her after 1911 but think she went into service with a family called McNiece in Donegal and she may have followed her sisters to Glasgow..

Re: Shelburn Kincaid/Jane Moore; Children are: William Kincaid b. abt 1855 (married Bone), Samuel Kincaid b. 01.06.1856 (married McElhinney ?), Rebecca (Jane) Kincaid baptised 28.04.1859 (married Wray), Robert Kincaid baptised 11.11.1861, Jane Kincaid b. 15.05.1865 (married Kielty or Kelly not clear on Soldier Effects record), John James Kincaid b. 09.04.1869.

I have war records, war diaries, census, Griffith Valuation records, certs etc., of some of the family members + the service record of William & RoseAnn's son Shelburn Kincaid (married Catherine Hughes) but I can't find birth, death of Joseph & death of Rebecca nor the same for Shelburn & Jane. I'm hoping someone will recognise some of these names in their tree and have information they could share.

(W.Landale posts re Robert Moore also part of this family tree as her Gt. Grandmother was my Grandpa's sister).

Thanks a lot
    Maggie Wray

Maggie already knows this, but I believe this is the family in 1901:

Comment

Working...
    X