England and Wales Electoral Registers 1832-1932

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• England and Wales Electoral Registers 1832-1932

available on FMP ... please let us know if you find a quick way of searching !!??
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Searching is fine from this form.....http://search.findmypast.co.uk/searc...309.1441977502

It is just the bizarre lack of any names in the search results which is confusing. I did find my GG grandfather easily enough by using his name and the county though.
    Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post

It is just the bizarre lack of any names in the search results which is confusing. I did find my GG grandfather easily enough by using his name and the county though.
      Hi Rick, that's the form I've been using ... but having to trawl through 277 results with no names / clues etc is very frustrating, the pdf search option seems to work most times but does not always find name looking for.

Hoping that someone is able to come up with a speedy, efficient search method.

Comment

Great way to track Great Granddad after the 1911 census till his death. I now know when he moved from Sussex to Kent.

Linda
        Last edited by Loopy Linda in La La Land; 09-10-15, 12:37.

Comment

see what you mean Lass ,I have tried 3 names and not found one.

Comment

Try as I might I can't find any listings for Eastbourne in Sussex, or any at all for Oxfordshire, so there are definitely large gaps. I can't find anywhere on FMP that gives details of the area covered.
            Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Can't find Oxford or parts of Staffordshire - wish I knew what I was doing wrong - or what FMP has omitted!

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                see what you mean Lass ,I have tried 3 names and not found one.
                I've tried a few different ways to find info, try via FMP home page for FMP Fridays

then click on EXPLORE THE RECORDS

key in FIRST and LAST NAMES, YEAR +/- and county

using the above you can see the polling district, so a lot easier than trawling through endless possibilities

Comment

ugh reckon it needs a bit of tweaking
                  Last edited by Guest; 09-10-15, 16:38.

Comment

I am loving it (perhaps I have been lucky) found a family member that I have been trying to link to someone for years.

On 1887 in gives the name of the person who owns the house they are living in....and it's the link I am looking for. Charles Glasspool house owned by Henry Angliss. Yay

Comment

The ABSENT VOTERS LIST is a very good source of info, it lists Description of Service, Ship, Regiment, Number, Rank, Rating etc. It shows how many local men were still in the services after WW1 ended.

Comment

Working...
                      X