Ancestry records showing USA results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry records showing USA results

I'm getting very frustrated I am on the UK site and am trying to update records in my tree on there ,and all I keep getting are USA ones, I do go to the Collection bit and change it to UK and Ireland ,which works until I search for a new relative then I have to do it all again when I scroll to the bottom of the page I am on United Kingdom records HELP

When you tick UK and Ireland there should be a box to tick somewhere which says these records/collections only.

Vera

Comment

oh thanks Vera shall have a look

Comment

My own has been acting up. When I share the info from the shared tree to my own I'll go to search the hints and it takes me straight back to the other shared account. It's getting rather frustrating now.
        Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

I know what you mean ,I did manage to get just the UK records for one person now its reverted back ? I dont remember having this problem before.

Comment

Personally I think it's the new layout. I've gone back to the old one for my own personal account but I can't with the shared one.
            Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

Comment

I dont use the new layout I hate it

Comment

Nor I - I get frustrated by having to change the collections each time.

However if I'm not mistaken if you go to the search tab at the top and change the collections on there and search it seems to stay with that collection - at least for awhile.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

thanks JBee but dont think it will work when I am searching for records for a name in my tree ? if you get me ? it probably works if you just go to the site and start from there ,got so fed up yesterday I almost screamed.

Comment

Val - think I went through search tab and manually put search info for a person in my tree and if I found anything I could then still attach to my tree. Then when I searched again through tree the country preference remained as I wanted it - so frustrating when it doesn't.
                    Last edited by JBee; 28-09-15, 19:14.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Working...
                    X