Ancestry - lost relationship info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry - lost relationship info

I had my Ancestry set (but I can't remember how i did it :( ) to show the relationship between myself and the person. It was showing fine yesterday but today it has disappeared on all my tree. Has this happened to anybody else? If not can somebody tell me how to restore it - I'm using the new version nowadays.

Many thanks

Bo
    Bo

At present: Marshall, Smith, Harding, Whitford, Lane (in and around Winchcomb).

Check that you are set as the home person.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine - yes I'm set as home person - my direct ancestors are now showing but not cousins..........perhaps it is on a go slow
      Bo

Comment

have you tried going back to the old search ? mine are okay ,

Comment

Hi Val - it seemed to sort itself out as all the relations have reappeared BUT I have found another problem on both sites which I'm sure didn't happen previously..........now when I have cousins marrying their trees descendants are replicated under each areas of the tree so it shown twice I have lines going EVERYWHERE as in my Norfolk family cousins regularly married each other in every generation - did this happen before and I just was oblivious or is this something new?
          Bo

Comment

I'm no expert on that, if I was you I'd put a new query about that on the Family tree board link here

Comment

Originally posted by Bo the Bodger View Post
              Hi Val - it seemed to sort itself out as all the relations have reappeared BUT I have found another problem on both sites which I'm sure didn't happen previously..........now when I have cousins marrying their trees descendants are replicated under each areas of the tree so it shown twice I have lines going EVERYWHERE as in my Norfolk family cousins regularly married each other in every generation - did this happen before and I just was oblivious or is this something new?
              Hi Bo,

Two observations -

First, Ancestry looses my relationships at least once a week (randomly). But I click on someone else and like dominoes they all tumble back into place as if they had never gone.

Secondly, I have an ancestor who married twice. Eight children by the first wife and seven by the second. (No TV in those days.) All was well till I discovered and added the eighth child. This seemed to be too much for Ancestry and it added him in twice - once for first wife and once for second.

I have the tree linked to Family Tree Maker and when I print it out, there is no problem. He is shown once and the trees are under each wife. Just as it should be.

I have noticed that Ancestry struggles with mixed dates - 01 May and 1 May (and the like). If the tree changes shape too radically or people are not where they are supposed to be, I check that first.

Regards

Kiltpin
              Whannell, Eaton and Jackson, in Scotland, India and England

Dugdale, Ramm, Garrod, Taylor and Smith in Norfolk and Hull

Comment

Working...
              X