Pike family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pike family

Trying to trace my maternal grandmother's family. My great grandfather moved to Reading, where all his children were born, from Ramsbury Wiltshire. His father was born in Great Bedwyn, son of William and Maria Ann. William (1765) father was John, grandfather Thomas. I can't find Thomas' (1658 Tetbury Gloucestershire) father (Robert). Information on Ancestry shows a Robert Pike who moved to America and had a son Thomas however the birth was dated 1653 and in America. Any ideas??
    Ian

Hi Ian

For America, you might want to get in touch with the D A R (Daughters of the American Revolution)

http://www.dar.org/

I know that they are pedantic (and accurate) when it comes to their history and genealogy.

Regards

Kiltpin
    Whannell, Eaton and Jackson, in Scotland, India and England

Dugdale, Ramm, Garrod, Taylor and Smith in Norfolk and Hull

Comment

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

This is the Familysearch Batch number for Pike in Tetbury Glos, if you click the link you can see all the people named Pike in that Batch to browse through.

Edna

Comment

Thank you for the information.
        The American link does not meet with my other information. However the Gloucestershire link looks very good.
        It would appear that the Wiltshire Pikes came from Tetbury in Gloucestershire.
        Thanks again
        Ian

Comment

Working...
        X