James Taylor birth record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Taylor birth record

I am hoping someone can help me move past this brick wall. My grandfather James Taylor was bought up in Birmingham, I have his death certificate 1955. His father was Edward Taylor his mother Mary had the maiden name Taylor was married to David McCoy and had children with him when he died the census shows her lodger as Edward Taylor with a child Edward born after her husband died 1888. Next census shows Edward and Mary (ann) living as husband and wife with the 3 younger children now having the Taylor surname.
    I have contacted the geneologist at Birmingham and all his searches for James or Edward Taylor show different parents names and a GRO request for James with parents Edward and Mary came back negative.
    There is a baptism record for 29th June 1890. however my Aunt is adament they celebrated his birthday on Bonfire night 5th Nov.
    I am aware James may have been a middle name so how do I go forward without having to buy the certificates for every Taylor born to parents Edward and Mary ann??
    There are war records apparently for Edward (who married Dora Charlton) but how can I be sure they are the same brothers?
    Thanks

have you got a link or the details to one of those census records like an address or Edward's occupation ?

Comment

Perhaps Edward is not shown on the birth certificate? If they were not married is it possible that he was registered with only his mother shown. If she reverted to her maiden name he would still be indexed Taylor.
      Or another thought, perhaps he was registered McCoy?
      Anne
      Last edited by Anne in Carlisle; 18-09-15, 22:31.

Comment

I did find a James McCoy registered 3rd quarter of 1890 in Lancashire so if he was born in Nov wont be him.
        Was he born in Birmingham? for when you come back

Comment

There is a James Taylor birth registered Dec quarter 1889 Birmingham Warwickshire 6D notice it says born 1889 on the Death reg
          Last edited by Guest; 18-09-15, 23:24.

Comment

Hello Karen 55

You say you have James' death cert. Do you have the name of the informant.

I note that for a death record of a James Taylor 1955, there is a possible Probate Record giving a death for 1st September 1955 with a Widow named Gwendoline Annie. Living at 52 Medina Road.

There is also a death in 1954 for a James L Taylor born June 1889. I think this one is the one you mentioned in your opening post.

Vera

Comment

there is definitely no birth record for James with mother Mary and father Edward (or just Mary on her own) in the Birmingham records.
              He died 30/06/1955 and was interred at Yardley cemetery 6/07/1955, he was survived by his wife Lizzie (Elizabeth) nee Dolloway she died 1/11/1957
              marriage certificate 7/6/1915 states he is 26 yrs old and gives his military number as private 125 08 B company 1st Batt Worcs regiment.
              his brother Edwards military no was 8947 . Would dates of birth be anywhere on the war record? if i had a definite date of birth it may help narrow down my certificate requests??

Comment

census show younger siblings born so I will request their certificate and see how the parents are named.

Comment

Wonder if this is baptism for Annie. Not seeing similar for James or Edward

Annie Taylor
                  baptised 14th February 1887
                  St Nicholas, Birmingham

father Edward
                  mother Mary Ann

If the military records are still available, they are a good source of information which should include dob.

Vera
                  Last edited by vera2013; 20-09-15, 20:37.

Comment

Working...
                  X