PDA

View Full Version : Findmypast free weekend

maudarby
16-09-15, 15:28
Free weekend details here
http://blog.findmypast.co.uk/2015/were-having-a-free-weekend-enjoy-unlimited-access-to-4-billion-records-from-midday-friday/

Moggie

Val wish Id never started
16-09-15, 16:28
I am amazed to say had an email from FMP saying about the free weekend and as I am a loyal customer they dont want us to lose out so they have added 3 days to my sub , :good::)

TrevorFranklin
16-09-15, 21:21
Maybe FMP read this forum and realise how we feel about Ancestry when it gives free access Val?

16-09-15, 21:47
yes Trevor and probably the same with free access to FMP

LangleyValeSue
16-09-15, 22:41
Thanks Valee, I'll go & check my email from them now :)

:crying: Just checked and because I have only got a local subscription and not a world one, the 3 extra days don't apply to me. I can understand that though, thinking about it, as I haven't already paid for world access so it shouldn't apply to subscribers like me.

16-09-15, 22:56
but its going to apply to people that dont have any sub so why not you ? I would ask for 3 days world you never know

LangleyValeSue
16-09-15, 23:07
Yes I could try couldn't I? Will do that tomorrow and see what they say.

Janet in Yorkshire
17-09-15, 08:29
I only have UK sub, but had an e-mail to advise me of the impending free access to worldwide.
I am happy with that - Val, I don't think it would be fair to have offered me 3 extra days membership. After all, you have paid a larger sub than I did.

Jay

Chrissie Smiff
17-09-15, 09:32
I agree with Janet, as you will presumably be able to see the world records for the three days like everyone else won't you Sue?

Guy
17-09-15, 11:39
Free weekend details here
http://blog.findmypast.co.uk/2015/were-having-a-free-weekend-enjoy-unlimited-access-to-4-billion-records-from-midday-friday/

Moggie

Yes I think it is good of Findmypast to celebrate my birthday in this way. ;)
Cheers
Guy

17-09-15, 12:32
I think I worded that wrong, trust me,:confused: I was thinking Sue would not be able to access the 3 free days worldwide, when of course she can .

James18
17-09-15, 14:25
Thanks for the heads-up. I actually got an e-mail about this from Lost Cousins as well.

I'll be sure to do some digging between tomorrow and Monday, to see if I can find some information I couldn't with Ancestry. :)