No announcement yet.

I am a new girl finding her way around!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a new girl finding her way around!

Hello,

I am new to this and need guidance. I get easily confused and not sure how this site works despite reading the FAQ's. What I am hoping to do is get someone to look at some photo's from my grandfathers album for identity purposes etc. Cant quite work out how to post them? I scan them as jpeg or pdf will that be acceptable.

Eliza

Hi Eliza
    The easy way is to open an account with Photobucket, upload your jpegs there and link to them on a thread here.
    What you will want to do first is to start a new folder on your PC to put the jpegs into, so that you can find them when you want to start the uploading.
    The linking is easiest to describe when you have some images to link to.
    Overall, it is quicker than the time it took me to type this.
    Geoff

Comment

Here's the instructions

Anne

Comment

I am not finding this easy. Thank you for 2 replies, is photbucket free?

Another question how do I know when I get a reply to post? I hoped I would be notified by e-mail. Have I missed something I should have done?

Eliza

Comment

Yes, Photobucket is free. You can choose to get email notifications in Settings at the top of the page. Alternatively click on Quick Links above and choose Subscribed Threads to check if you have any replies.
          Anne

Comment

Thank you Ann. Think I may have activated e mail replies. Hope so. Just looking around tonight. Hope I manage to sort it all out. I feel it could be very helpful. I am quite new to this and not au fait with computers. Only been researching couple of years and am hooked but need some help.

Eliza

Comment

Unfortunately, since we put that simple guide together, Photobucket has changed its format! :(
              I'll try to get some new screenshots and amend the instructions .. but probably wont be until tomorrow.
              Elaine

Comment

Working...
              X