Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frances Margaret A Franklin

Hi all
    Looking for Death on my Gt Aunt Frances Margaret A Franklin Born 1899 in Chelsea the Parents being William Franklin and Elizabeth Mary Ann Westley. Up to 1965 according to the London Electoral Results she was living on her own at 2 Pembridge Villas in Westbourne Grove West London. My Uncle (who is still alive ) says that she was a High Class Prostitute, cant find any criminal Records for her and i also cant find her Death Record. Can anybody help please.

John

A possible ..
    Frances Marguerite A Franklin
    Birth Date: 12 Feb 1899
    Date of Registration: Sep 1978
    Age at Death: 79
    Registration district: Andover
    Volume: 20
    Page: 0037
    Elaine

Comment

I didn't think prostitution in itself was a criminal offence. Soliciting for business is a crime, as is pimping and brothel keeping (living off the immoral earnings of others) but I would think a girl working from home was more in danger of charges of tax evasion/undisclosed income etc.

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

...and I would think that the term "High class prostitute" is a subjective one anyway - she may have been a kept woman which is not the same thing as being a prostitute!

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          A possible ..
          Frances Marguerite A Franklin
          Birth Date: 12 Feb 1899
          Date of Registration: Sep 1978
          Age at Death: 79
          Registration district: Andover
          Volume: 20
          Page: 0037
          Thanks Elaine i will look into that later when i come home.

Comment

Just in case you don't have the bc, this is the London School Admissions Register for Frances, with her sister Alice. Frances' dob is 12th February 1899, father William, living at 29 Yeomans Row. She was registered at the Brompton National School having previously attended St Josephs.

Vera

Comment

Nice one Vera.
              I looked for a baptism to see if I could match the date of birth with the death registration but couldn't see one .... didn't look at the School records! :(
              Elaine

Comment

Thankyou Vera yes, i have her School records as well.

Comment

Working...
                X