Strange Death Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Death Registration

I've just found a Death Registration (England & Wales Death Index 2007-2013) on Ancestry for my late Mum's cousin, "Mr. Brian Lenard Johnson.Age 71 Registered 2007 Doncaster, South Yorks, Postal Code Dist: DN2." His DOB is correct as I have his Birth Certificate. BUT it also quotes his Date of Death!
    I would like to order the Death Certificate but not sure if I could now.

Any comments on this please?
    teresa

I think those 'registrations' for after 2005 are gleaned from other sources such as newspaper announcements. Hence them being in a seemingly strange format.
    Anne

Comment

Thanks Anne,
      That makes sense then.
      teresa

Comment

Is his middle name spelt as you gave it or was it a typo?
        People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
        Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

Would you believe it..after all these years of searching for living descendants of Brian Leonard Johnson, one of his daughters contact me via f/b! She confirmed that the date of death given was correct too.
          teresa

Comment

Originally posted by kathsgirl.48 View Post
            Would you believe it..after all these years of searching for living descendants of Brian Leonard Johnson, one of his daughters contact me via f/b! She confirmed that the date of death given was correct too.
            How exciting!
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Certainly was! Now her head is in a spin with her Irish side of her family that she never knew about!
              teresa

Comment

Working...
              X