Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find this will? (Franklin 1585)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find this will? (Franklin 1585)

From the site

SOURCE: http://www.historyofparliamentonline...john-1600-1648

It mentions the will of his grandfather John (dies 1585) and the footnote states

PROB 11/87, f. 141; C.T. Martin, Cat. of Archives in Mun. Room of All Souls', 138. 15

I have tried the wills on Ancestry and in the national archives database and do not seem to be able to find it. Can anyone help?

And I am still really struggling to read the wills I have from the 1500/1600 era, but getting there :-)

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Archives at All Souls College, Oxford - you will have to apply for access (some college libraries/archives may require a letter of introduction - not sure about All Souls).

Last edited by AntonyM; 11-09-15, 12:30.
    Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thanks Antony,
      I've sent them an access request

Trev

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Working...
      X