Dna raw material transfer from ancestry help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dna raw material transfer from ancestry help please

Hi, I successfully transferred my own raw material to the familytreedna site but I have now received raw material for my sisters dna test. When I go to the familytreedna site I keep getting my own account come up and I cant seem to upload and pay for sisters autosomnal transfer?

Any advice please. Ive tried logging out and then going in but it still seems to recognise its me and I cant see how I can add another test?

OK, where you were, logged out, turned puter on and entered as a completely new account and now in there BUT cant upload ancestry zip file now :(

Comment

On AncestryDNA, all the people for whom you've paid for testing are loaded into one account.

On ftDNA, each person has their own login/account. You'll need to register each of them
      It's never been easier to find new relatives, connect more dots and expand your genealogical reach. So, if you tested your autosomal DNA with a third party, transfer today and become part of the world's most comprehensive DNA database!

they may use the same email address, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
        OK, where you were, logged out, turned puter on and entered as a completely new account and now in there BUT cant upload ancestry zip file now :(
        So, after you enter the name, email address and agree to terms, you should have seen a screen that had this info:

Upload your Ancestry DNA or 23andMe (V3) raw data.

How do I access my raw data files with Ancestry.com or 23andMe?

Upload Raw Data

Did you press the Upload Raw Data button?

Comment

These folks give you step by step instructions:

Comment

Many thanks, all done now
            " It works, I dont ;)"

Fortunately it shows my sister and I are either full sibling/child/parent - whew She looks so different to me, all small and blue eyes/blond hair, I always said I felt like a cuckoo in a sparrows nest at home.

Sisters ancestry dna ethicity showing very high scandanavian so hoping that will bring in Mums Hanson side. But so far on ancestry she is getting many of the same matches as me but a few I cant work out either shown as "extremely high". She has got a match with someone in Kentucky who have a Boniface ancestor - which is my dads line from sussex again.

Fingers crossed her very high scanda input may bring up something interesting that mine doesnt.

Comment

Did you upload to gedmatch.com? It's free, and you'll be able to see some matches from 23andme (if they've transferred). 23andme testing in the UK is expensive (due to shipping charges), but really opens up a new genetic match world.

Comment

How weird - you are full sisters and yet she has a very high Scandi count and a Boniface connection but you don't. Have you been given any counts or direct matches that your sister hasn't? I find the whole DNA genealogical research thing rather brain bending :-)

Comment

Only identical twins have exactly the same genes.

And the ethnicity guestimate based on your genes is, paraphrasing DebbieK, a bit of a parlour game

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoFamily View Post
                    Only identical twins have exactly the same genes.
                    Ah, I never knew that.

Comment

Each child only receives 50% of each parents' genome (i.e., 50% of mother's, 50% of father's). X & Y chromosomes, as well as mitochondrial DNA have their own rules of inheritance.

from ISOGG

relation percent shared
                      identical twins 100 %
                      parent/child 50 %
                      Full Sibs ~50%
                      First Cuz's ~12.5%

from this page:

But please note the '~' that I added: Identical twin, and parent child %shared is not going to vary. But, as with most things, there are gotchas. For instance - if your parents are related, then you may share more with them than that 50% - that's true for any genetic relationship.

But, also: the 50% portion that is passed to each child is randomly selected. It's possible that two siblings received more (or less) similar selections, skewing those results from the sibling level on out.

Comment

Working...
                      X