Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMP 50% off World subs

= £5.40 per month taken in one single payment of £64.75

Subscribe to Findmypast to explore millions of historical records. Find out more about our different membership options and subscribe to Findmypast today.

discount code WDYTYA50 ... offer expires at 11:59pm on Wednesday, 26th August 2015
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

nice to see you Lass blast I already have a sub

Comment

Thanks for posting this offer. However, I still have another 13 months UK membership to go, which I don't want to lose, so don't feel able to take advantage of the offer.

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

isn't it annoying Janet? suppose we could always add it to what we already have am assuming it will just extend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          suppose we could always add it to what we already have am assuming it will just extend it.
          I contacted them via their website contact form and asked if subscribing to this offer would run from the date it was paid for ... they responded that the expiry date would be extended to one year after current expiry date. So worthwhile getting in touch with them.
          Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 18-08-15, 07:43.
          Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Comment

I have been a pioneer world subscriber for several years. Now, without warning, FMP has tripled their subscription fee, and charged this to my credit card. I am cancelling.

Comment

you must have had the automatic renewal box ticked ? if this has happened in the last few days then give them a ring they may just give you your money back.

Comment

Just to clarify Post 5, I have just used the code Lancashire Lass gave and the 12 month subscription commences when my current subscription finishes in October.
                Paid today but 12 months World subscription at a bargain price is worth waiting 5/6/weeks for.

many thanks for the tip, Lancashire Lass.

merleyone

Comment

Thank you, leicestershirelass !

My UK FMP expires the day after the offer expires. I went online, put in the offer code and am ready to go on the 27th August.

I would have paid more for an UK sub, than the offer for the world sub.

Thanks again,

bcbrit
                  George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

how did you pay for this ? did you go to your account first as its not giving me the option to purchase it.

Comment

Think I'll wait a bit longer as I already have another 14 months UK membership and don't really have much need for worldwide. Hopefully, there will be another offer before my current sub expires. I would definitely use it if my current sub was worldwide.

Jay
                      Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

I doubt you will get a cheaper offer for the UK sub Janet but of course you never know.

Comment

There have been at least two special offers for UK subs for existing members in the past Val, which were added on to existing membership, hence me still having 14 months to go. I am doubtful that taking advantage of this special offer would give me worldwide for 12 months, followed by my current 14 months of just UK membership, before I needed to make further payment.

Jay
                          Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 19-08-15, 22:07.
                          Janet in Yorkshire

Comment

I had a special offer too Janet I paid £49.75 for a full year and have till Feb 2016 still active. they gave me that because of the problems with the new system so was extremely lucky, I also have loads of free credits they gave me but dont see how I can use them ??? while I have a sub.?
                            You would still have your UK sub to finish before the new world one would kick in, I am going to go for it as Tom usually buys it for me for one of my xmas presents so he can buy me something else too as he will be saving so much

Comment

Hi Val,

I think I clicked on the link , and it said something like discount successfully applied, and clicked okay. Then I went into my FMP account ( not through the link ) signed in and manually put in the code, and paid up.

The odd thing was it didn't say that I had been successful. So I got out of FMP, looked in my emails and it was successful ! Signed back into FMP, and I could see it in my subscription section.

Very odd !

Sorry, I didn't reply earlier, have just got in after a day out.

bcbrit
                              George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

thanks for that bcbrit but how did it know you were the same person ? I will try it and see

Comment

it wont work for me going to email them

Comment

Hi Val,

I am a very non techie, so don't know if this is the reason why I managed to do it.

My daughter set me up with Google Chrome as in the UK, which is what I used, and on Internet Explorer I am in Canada.

Like I say, I have no idea if that was the reason. I did put in the code manually, and I do not have the automatic renewal on.

Good luck with FMP.

bcbrit

Comment

Thanks bcbrit have done it now I was putting the wrong code in, for some reason I added an A to it , all paid up now till Feb 2017 .

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                        Thanks bcbrit have done it now I was putting the wrong code in, for some reason I added an A to it , all paid up now till Feb 2017 .
                                        So did you have an active UK sub Val & what happens to the rest of that ? Does the world sub become active and the UK sub stops until the world one runs out ?
                                        Rick

Comment

Working...
                                        X