Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this just a very very big co-incidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this just a very very big co-incidence?

So I have John Hunter Oliver born 1866 in South Shields
    His mother is unmarried Jane Hunter born 1847 in South Shields
    And there I thought the chain ends

However there is a John Hunter Oliver born 1851 in Rochester in Kent, but whose father William was born in Durham also. His mother is Eleanor Hunter (I believe from marriage records in 1843 in South Shields)
    By 1861 the family are in South Shields
    By 1872 John Hunter Oliver sr is a 2nd mate in South Shields

In 1861 the families are 2 miles apart and again in 1871 (although one is at a different address)

I cant yet find a suitable Eleanor baptism to find out if there is any familial link between Eleanor Hunter and Jane Hunters father John (who was born in Scotland)

Do you think that perhaps John Hunter Oliver Sr is actually the father of John Hunter Oliver Jr? (there is no other Hunter/Oliver link going backwards up the Jane Hunter line that I can see)
    Last edited by Lensgirl; 12-08-15, 14:24.
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Just going back further I have found the Ancesty marriages for Eleanor Hunter and William Oliver and for John Hunter and his wife Margaret and both were married in the same church with father listed as John Hunter for both Eleanor and John, so im thinking Jane Hunter and John Hunter Oliver were 1st cousins?
    Robyne

Name interests: Alderton, Osborne, Danslow, Hanley, Bowkett, Lakin, Elliott, Banner, Walters, Reed, Deighton, Sleight, Dungar ;)

Comment

Working...
    X