Find My Past subscription

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find My Past subscription

I have a Worldwide sub (Foundation) to Find My Past.com which is due for renewal in a couple of days.

Has anyone had their sub renewed recently & how much ? In previous years, because I was one of the foundation members the renewal has been very reasonable. I have not had an email to say the sub is due for renewal (have it on auto-renewal at the moment ).

thanks

Vivian

Even on Auto renewal I thought they were supposed to let you know how much it would be??? I think Ancestry does.
    Anne

Comment

I would switch off auto-renewal and see what they offer.

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Definitely switch off auto renewal.

Comment

Thanks. I switched off auto-renewal last night.

Comment

I had auto rental turned off, my sub ran out about 3 weeks ago and have not heard from them.

Tora

Comment

Originally posted by Tora View Post
              I had auto rental turned off, my sub ran out about 3 weeks ago and have not heard from them.

Tora
              Gosh, most sites are onto you fairly promptly!
              The parent company certainly are; they gave me a 12 months free membership of Lives of the FWW, which has now expired. I had an invitation to re-join in June, which I ignored, as I still have membership of FMP. I had another reminder/lure a couple of days ago, but will NOT be paying a sub as the records are mainly FMP based anyway and I'm certainly not paying an additional fee for records I can, in the main, already access with my FMP sub.
              Whilst I would have been happy continuing to add to their profiles in the hope of building up a permanent record of all those who served, I am unwilling to pay several pounds a month for doing so. I know I can still add without membership, but it is a bit more fiddly to add the records and these must be added first, before facts from each record can be added to the profile.

Jay
              Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Received an email today to renew for 12 months @ US$59.99. So they are still offering discounted membership to the "Pioneer" members.

So promptly renewed as I think if I let it lapse & rejoin down the track it would be more than double.

Comment

Originally posted by Janet in Yorkshire View Post
                  Gosh, most sites are onto you fairly promptly!
                  The parent company certainly are; they gave me a 12 months free membership of Lives of the FWW, which has now expired. I had an invitation to re-join in June, which I ignored, as I still have membership of FMP. I had another reminder/lure a couple of days ago, but will NOT be paying a sub as the records are mainly FMP based anyway and I'm certainly not paying an additional fee for records I can, in the main, already access with my FMP sub.
                  Whilst I would have been happy continuing to add to their profiles in the hope of building up a permanent record of all those who served, I am unwilling to pay several pounds a month for doing so. I know I can still add without membership, but it is a bit more fiddly to add the records and these must be added first, before facts from each record can be added to the profile.

Jay
                  The same thing happened to me and I feel exactly the same way as you do, Jay.

Janet

Comment

Originally posted by Vivian View Post
                    Received an email today to renew for 12 months @ US$59.99. So they are still offering discounted membership to the "Pioneer" members.

So promptly renewed as I think if I let it lapse & rejoin down the track it would be more than double.
                    I had a Pioneer sub as well at the same price in US dollars as you and renewed it twice at that price but when 3rd renewal time arrived I had to pay full UK price so I cancelled.

Comment

Working...
                    X