Earlam/Irlam and Variants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earlam/Irlam and Variants

My late husbands Mother was an Irlam and I was a member of the website that was run by Robert S.....y who lived overseas I think Canada or Australia, he then passed it over to Joyce Tun...ll living in Ireland who continued to run it very well and I often got updates and always used to keep in touch with Joyce via e mail, but the site has closed down and my e mail returned unable to deliver, I have googled and nothing found.

Joyce did have other helpers and my tree was a part of the Hoole Tree ( The Place)
    I know another lady who helped Joyce lived in Liverpool came to FTF as a member but I have lost her details and username so hope this message will get me some information on what has happened to the site and to Joyce.

All the Family of Earlam/Irlam and varients came from the Candlemakers De Irlame in Irlam the locality.

I think after all her hard work and I feel the tree she put together could not have just been lost?

Edna

Hi Edna, I am sure I have seen an Earlham/Earlam Tree online - it is a name I know - there are Earlham's living in Cheshire and I thought they had probably done the Tree but I gather from the one I spoke to that they haven't because he didn't know anything about it.
    Half asleep at mo but will have a look tomorrow and see if I can find the Tree I saw - it was a while ago and am not sure where online I saw it. Sue

Comment

Thanks Sue,
      I was a part of the Cheshire Tree but she had every tree with Irlam variants in it, really I just want to find out if Joyce is ok or not and if she has managed to save her work somewhere.

Edna

Comment

Hi Edna, Cannot find the Earlham/Irlams online anywhere EXCEPT there are a lot on Tribal Pages - I cannot get into them nor can I identify who the Trees belong to! The link below is to Earlams - haven't checked Irlams! Sue

Search Earlham Family Tree Websites at TribalPages.com. TribalPages is a free website for creating and sharing your family tree.
        Last edited by Sue1; 09-08-15, 14:43.

Comment

Edna: All the Earlam Trees on Tribal Pages are connected - appear to be part of the "HEALY Project".
          Have checked again and there are no Irlams visible - not to say they are not within any of those Trees.
          You can get into a contact page which doesn't give any clues - I did, but haven't any idea quite how I did it!
          Sue
          Last edited by Sue1; 09-08-15, 14:52.

Comment

Thank you Sue for your help.
            I am now back in contact and she is alive and well and still owns the trees though no longer the website due to clerical error they closed it on her then she decided not many were using it so did not re open it, though she is a volunteer on the new Irish project helping to upload all the old records for you all.

This thread can now be closed

Edna

Comment

Originally posted by clematised View Post

...though she is a volunteer on the new Irish project helping to upload all the old records for you all.

This thread can now be closed

Edna
              WHOA! Don't close it just yet. Intrigued - what's the new Irish project?

Christine
              Researching:
              HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Hi Christine,
                She is working on something called IGP Archives other than that I don't know, she has done lots of transcribing over the years.
                Ireland Genealogy Projects Archives Free Irish Genealogy [IGP] Irish Genealogy, Cemeteries, Irish Genealogy, Antrim, Armagh, Carlow, Cavan, Clare, Derry, Belfast, Londonderry, Donegal, Down, Dublin, Fermanagh, Galway, Kerry, Kildare, Kilkenny, Laois, Leitrim, Limerick, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Meath, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Sligo, Tipperary, Tyrone, Waterford, Westmeath, Wexford, Wicklow, Cashel, Fethard, Midleton, Land, Census, Newspapers, Church, Constabulary,

Hope that helps

Edna
                Last edited by clematised; 09-08-15, 20:07.

Comment

Glad to hear all is not lost. This is exactly why I am planning to make all my trees completly public on a website such as Ancestry which (hopefully) will not die with me. Hmmmm ... better get on with it, you never know what waits around the corner! LOL
                  Anne

Comment

I like that idea Anne - I have 3 Trees and have made 2 of them public
                    The main Tree hasn't been made public yet but if anyone asks I do put them on as a guest - I am planning to make this public also but have to check carefully that the living are not viewable. Sue

Comment

Working...
                    X