James McKenzie. Liverpool & Birkenhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James McKenzie. Liverpool & Birkenhead

I have been working on the McKenzie line for years and have worked forward to James McKenzie . Born, Liverpool abt 1854. Died Birkenhead 1917
    Occupation was Plumber & Gas fitter.
    Parents: James Mckenzie & Margaret Hoy.
    Spouse was Emily/Bridget Veale. Born Waterford Ireland 1861. Died 1914 Birkenhead.
    Names connected to this couple are:Harman, Wright, Hughes, Hill
    I wish to move forward and backwards with this line.

Thanks
    Dave

Hi Dave,
    Welcome to FTF

I am in Southport, Merseyside but do not have subs for Ancestry or other Pay per view sites but I am sure you will get help from forum members with your research.

Edna

Comment

Thank you Edna
      Dave

Comment

I see you are in Canada and hope we can assist you within our time zone during our local time but right now most people are asleep

Edna

Comment

just to help us with your family ..............

Is this your James in 1911

Name Age
          James McKenzie 57 b.ca 1854, Liverpool, Plumber and Gasfitter
          Emily McKenzie 50 b.ca 1861, Waterford, Waterford, Ireland
          Lilian McKenzie 15 b.ca 1896, Liverpool, Soap Wrapper
          Alfred Henry McKenzie 7 b.ca 1904, Birkenhead, Cheshire, Scholar

Address:- 20 Moon Street, Birkenhead

from freebmd

Marriages Sep 1878 (>99%)

McKENZIE James Liverpool 8b 332
          VEALE Emily Liverpool 8b 332

and from Lancs bmd

Lancashire Marriage indexes for the years: 1878
          Surname Forename(s) Surname Forename(s) Church / Register Office Registers At Reference
          MCKENZIE James VEALE Emily Liverpool, St. Simon Liverpool 2129LP/5/451

The marriage certificate will give the names of the fathers to enable you to work backwards
          My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

This could be your James in 1861 .............

Name: James McKinsey
            [James McKinsey/McKenzie]
            Estimated birth year: 1854
            Relation: Son
            Where born: Liverpool, Lancashire, England

Name Age
            Margaret McKinsey 39 b.ca 1822, Liverpool, Married, Shoemaker's Wife <<<<< name correction added [Margaret McKinsey/McKenzie]
            Margaret McKinsey 18 b.ca 1843, Liverpool
            Ruth McKinsey 10 b.ca 1851, Liverpool
            James McKinsey 7
            John McKinsey 5 b.ca 1856, Liverpool
            Sarah Jane McKinsey 1 b.ca 1860, Liverpool

and in 1881, after his marriage. McKenrie has been corrected to McKenzie .............

Name Age
            James McKenrie 25 b.ca 1856, Liverpool, Beer and Wine Dealer (Seller)
            Emily McKenrie 20 b.ca 1861, Ireland
            Margaret McKenrie 1 b.ca 1880, Liverpool
            Margaret Veale 13 b.ca 1868, Ireland, Servant

This looks like James' family in 1851, before his birth .................

Name Age
            James McKenzie 37 b.ca 1814, Scotland, Shoemaker
            Margaret McKenzie 30 b.ca 1821, Liverpool
            Margaret McKenzie 8 b.ca 1843, Liverpool
            Janet McKenzie 3 b.ca 1848, Liverpool
            Ruth McKenzie 11 Weeks b.ca 1851, Liverpool
            My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

I'm actually not quite sure what you want to know.

Do you want to find marriages for the children?

or do you want to know more about their ancestors?

Comment

James Mckenzie

Many Thanks Sylvia,
                I should have been more precise.
                James Mckenzie (Senior) born Scotland has been a mystery to me as He appears to disappear after the 1851 Census. Margaret continues to show up until her death in 1882.
                Margaret single name was Hoy b. abt 1821/3 in Liverpool,Father John who is not easily found
                Their Daughter Ruth is my great G. Mother.
                My intent is to locate some family members connected to James Jnr family that may be able to move my knowledge back and forward.
                The surnames names that that I included are marriages connected to James Jnr's family.

Thanks.
                Dave

Comment

I live in Garston ,Liverpool
                  my family surname is Oakes
                  Archibald McKenzie married Ellen Maria Oakes at St Michaels church,Garston in 1901 - father is named as Archibald McKenzie -if you find an Archibald McKenzie in your tree let me know
                  so - if you can find any connection , please PM me as I have a little info re the Garston McKenzie marriage of Archibald ..
                  ADDED -
                  Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Archibald McKenzie was born 1870 - this looks to be his fathers marriage also Archibald - but - HIS father is named as James McKenzie
                  it needs researching further - I may have the wrong parents of Archibald McKenzie snr...
                  Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.
                  Last edited by garstonite; 12-08-15, 09:47.
                  Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
                  oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
                  adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
                  merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
                  coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Dave - the more I read the posts ,the less I think there may be a connection - doesn't look good.
                    you may want to make a note of these sites
                    This website is for sale! liverpoolhistoryprojects.co.uk is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, liverpoolhistoryprojects.co.uk has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

baptisms
                    marriages
                    OPC, Online Parish Clerk, family history, local history, free data, parish registers, census, Lancashire

a lot of local Liverpool records on Lan-opc site / Liverpoolhistoryprojects site is for Roman Catholic baptism / marriages and also has a street map from 1901
                    good luck
                    allan
                    Allan ......... researching oakes/anyon/standish/collins/hartley/barker/collins-cheshire
                    oakes/tipping/ellis/jones/schacht/...garston, liverpool
                    adams-shropshire/roberts-welshpool
                    merrick/lewis/stringham/nicolls-herefordshire
                    coxon/williamson/kay/weaver-glossop/stockport/walker-gorton

Comment

Working...
                    X