Forces War Records site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forces War Records site

Has anyone subscribed to this site and if so, what sort of information do they hold that is not available elsewhere? I was searching for RAMC today and a link came up for this website and when I searched under the name Stowell, I found a record and the army number matched that of my great uncle William Charles Stowell. I already have a copy of his medal card & there are no pension records for him on Ancestry, so I am intrigued as to what the records can be. There was a yellow star by the record which said that the record was exclusive to the website. Any ideas?
    Lynn

Possibly Military Hospital records for WW1, which they do have exclusively, I believe. Wouldn't bother with them for anything else
    The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
    Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

I subscribed (actually it was a present) and I feel a bit diddled. Not found very much really. They are very persistent at sending emails whenever they add a new record for one of the names you have searched for, which is good I suppose, but gets a bit tedious with a common name!
      Anne

Comment

That could possibly be it, thanks. when you click to look at the record it is actually partly shown behind the bit telling you to register, so you can see a glimpse of it, but not enough to work out what the records are.

Do you still subscribe Anne?
        Lynn

Comment

Well, I wonder what they do have. Searched for father/g fathers and two uncles and only one grandfather showed up. They should be there as all these records in
          some shape or form are on Ancestry.
          Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Have PM'd you Lynn
            Anne

Comment

That does seem odd David.
              Thanks Anne
              Last edited by Lynn The Forest Fan; 05-08-15, 07:07.
              Lynn

Comment

Working...
              X