Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone researching BARSHAM / BASSAM / BASSUM / BOSOME in west Norfolk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone researching BARSHAM / BASSAM / BASSUM / BOSOME in west Norfolk?

I was just browsing the Norfolk parish registers newly available on FMP, and found a family tree going back to 1610, or before, on the inside cover of the Baptism register 1846-1881.

Maiden names who married into the family include: EDMONDS, WILES, BADGER, HOLMAN, SMITH, HARPLEY.

It's still a source of amazement to me that I was able to handle all these Fincham registers 40 years ago, when my father was the incumbent there. It was about his time that the PCC was persuaded to hand them over to the protective custody of the Norfolk Archives, I think.

C
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Just as well they didn't get toasted in the Great Fire of Norwich castle, circa 10 years ago.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle John View Post
      Just as well they didn't get toasted in the Great Fire of Norwich castle, circa 10 years ago.
      That would have been heartbreaking!

C
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
      X