• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buried I two cemetery's on same day!

I have a conundrum here!
    My 2x got. Aunts husband
    Matthew Fillmer b. 1787
    d. 5 Jun 1859 in Shrewsbury

appears to have been buried twice in the same day in two different cemetery's!

first in Nunhead Cemetery, Linden Grove,Southwark - there is an actual parish record that details it and gives home address as Blackheath, which is correct according to Probate etc records.

second one gives exactly the same details, only an index though no actual record, and says he's buried in St. Giles, Camberwell, Surrey!

i don't know how to attach these records I'm afraid otherwise I would have done for you to see.
    i have looked up both these cemetery's and can't seem to see any links - am I missing something here?

any help / advice would be great.
    thanks in advance
    pookie

Nunhead is in the parish of St Giles, Camberwell. The "Select" databases come from Familysearch. Looking up the film number 254579 in the index only record in the Familysearch catalog, it says
    Church of England. Parish Church of Nunhead (Surrey).

So it is the same place.
    Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
      Nunhead is in the parish of St Giles, Camberwell. The "Select" databases come from Familysearch. Looking up the film number 254579 in the index only record in the Familysearch catalog, it says
      Church of England. Parish Church of Nunhead (Surrey).

So it is the same place.
      Well that's a relief as I had visions of the body being hastily dug up and people running to another cemetery because they'd found he was in the wrong place!!

thanks for putting me right. I had seen there were two cemetery's in the near vicinity so did wonder.
      pookie

Comment

Working...
      X