Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

document enlargement - how do I do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• document enlargement - how do I do this?

Into my possession has come a family Tree.
    I want to enlarge it and print it as I cannot read it without a great deal of juggling on screen.
    Does anyone know how I can do this - have a feeling I could do it on one of the Microsoft programmes but seriously don't have a clue what I am doing.

Sue

Press Control then the add button on your keyboard.
    I made the site www.familyhistory4beginners.com
    ALWAYS happy to help

Comment

What format is the document in .... Word, pdf etc ?
      Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
      Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Originally posted by ps25 View Post
        Press Control then the add button on your keyboard.
        I don't have an add button on my computer (or if I have it is hiding from me) - could it be called something else?

Comment

Antony - it doesn't say what the document is BUT I have saved it to "pictures" on my computer - I can actually read it on there if I have to by enlarging it - I cannot, however, print it as an enlargement as it is obviously too big for the paper. I think I will have to settle for reading it on pictures as I am almost out of ink and do not have a spare!! Sue (did try to save it as pdf but computer refused saying document was not suitable as it had been damaged???

Comment

got an "+" on
            ALWAYS happy to help

Comment

Found the + - thanks very much

Comment

Originally posted by Sue1 View Post
                Found the + - thanks very much
                Glad I could help
                ALWAYS happy to help

Comment

As long as the actual image is good enough resolution to be readable when you enlarge it - you can save it to a memory stick and take (or even send a copy on-line) to your local Staples store. They do a B/W plan print service to A1 or A0 size for about £2.50 and £3.50... get them to enlarge your image to fit the page. That's what I do to print very large trees.

Any other decent print shop should be able to do the same.
                  Last edited by AntonyM; 23-07-15, 16:17.
                  Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
                  Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

That sounds a brilliant idea Antony - I shall certainly bear it in mind for the future. Sadly I am not sure the resolution is going to be good enough for the current page I want to be able to read and refer to fairly frequently. I can read it now with a magnifying glass but it is not all on the page at the same time - juggling is required.
                    ...........perhaps I should go to Specsavers!
                    Many thanks. Sue

Comment

Sue

My local estate agent has a photocopier which wil enlarge (or shrink!) and charges very little. Many High St businesses have photocopiers if Staples can't oblige.

Get two copies, then you can go over one of them in ink or dark pencil to make it easier to read.

OC

Comment

Thanks OC - We certainly don't have a Staples or any other shops where we live BUT in Wisbech there are some shops - it actually crossed my mind that I could go into the Library there and get an A? (big one) printed from what I have and increase the contrast. I think also there is a shop that actually does do photocopy prints somewhere in the town.

Sue

Comment

Working...
                        X