Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simeone, Volante, Inelli Family Tree Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simeone, Volante, Inelli Family Tree Help!

Hi,

I am new to this site so I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct place.

I am researching my family tree and was just wondering if anyone had any information about the following people. Joseph Simeone 1934 - 2004, Louisae Volante, Rosa Inelli.

I have been researching the Simeone and Volante family tree so I am willing to share/swap information.

Georgia Mae Simeone
    Georgia Mae Simeone

Simeone, Volante, Inelli Family Tree Help!

If anyone has any family tree information with the surnames above could you please let me know. I have been researching my family tree for ages but have not got very far! I am willing to swap information.

Thanks,
    Georgia Simeone
    Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

Could you be more specific and tell us what you are wanting to know e.g are you wanting to trace the forebears of these people by going back in time? If so, what information do you have already? Also, times and places would be a useful starting point.

Jay
      Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

You could start by adding your Family Surname interests to our special board for Surname interests http://www.familytreeforum.com/forum...rname-Research and while you are adding them you can check to see if anyone else has added them too.

If you require any help with your research then add whatever information you have and need to know remembering only to add information of those you are sure are deceased as rules don't allow names of living to be added.

If you are looking to share information Genes Reunited is probably the place to do this though I can always check those names for you if you want me to.

Welcome to the Forum

Edna

Comment

Genes reunited have two people with this name in their tree, Joseph Simeone
          one belongs to Kirsty the other belongs to Alan.

Alan has Bristol, and Kirsty does not have a place of birth for him both have 1934 as Birth year
          Louisa Volante 1875 Italy, two other people have this name
          Rosa Inelli 1892 Kirsty has this person with no place of birth

Hope this helps

Edna
          Last edited by clematised; 22-07-15, 20:35.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you! Kirsty is my mum and Louisae is my grandads (joseph simeone 1934 - 2004) grandmother and Rosa Inelli is my grandads mum. I am trying to fin out more about Rosa Inelli and also Her husband which would be my grandads dad.

Thanks again.
            Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

Thanks. Also i notice on your location it says merseyside. I was just wondering if you would have any information about Dom Volante who was born in 1905 and he was a professional boxer in Liverpool (i am not sure if he was born in Liverpool or Italy). He is a relation of my dad.
              Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...olante-3418872 Here is an article about Dom Volante in the local Newspaper The Liverpool Echo.

During the 19th century immigrants from diverse origins began to settle in Liverpool, the main motivation for their arrival was work. Liverpool had become a principal port with substantial...

You can find lots more by googling his name

Edna

Comment

Quote from History of Italian Immigrants
                  One local man in
                  particular went on to become a Liverpool boxing legend Dominic (Dom) Volante. Born to Vincenzo Volante and Maria Grazia D'Annunzio, he attended Holy Cross school and became Featherweight professional in 1922 after giving an outstanding performance against Britain’s most impressive boxer at the time,

There are lots of Family Photos there too

Edna
                  Last edited by clematised; 23-07-15, 11:54.

Comment

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=487049.0 there was a thread on Rootschat about this Family take a look at the link

Edna

Comment

Brilliant! Thanks for all of your help. Which website is it that has the family photos?

Thanks again!
                      Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

Ah! I've just found the website (my fault for not looking properly). These photos are really great.
                        Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

Good Luck I hope you can manage to put it all together and find lots of information there on all of your families

Edna

Comment

Domenico Simeone 1872 - 1942

Hi I am searching for my great grandfather. His name is Domenico Simeone and he was born in 1872 and died in March 1942. His wife was Rosa Inelli who was born in 1892 and died in 1991. Together they had 8 children (my grandfather was the youngest born in 1934 and sadly passed away in 2004).

I have been searching for Domenico for a very long time and I would like to try and find some information about his parents because I have no information on them whatsoever. I have a feeling he may have been born in Italy - So that makes it harder to try and find a birth record.

If anyone has any information on him I would be very greatful. Also I am willing to share information about Simeone, Volante and Inelli family.

Thanks.
                            Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

I can't see either Domenico or Rosa in the Eng & Wales birth index, or the marriage index.
                              Perhaps they were both born and also married overseas.

How sure are you of the spelling of Rosa's surname? In the Eng & Wales birth index for the registrations of the births of their children it is spelt InNelli.

Jay
                              Last edited by Janet in Yorkshire; 24-07-15, 15:20.
                              Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Looking at the readily accessible records, there are certainly a few things around. There are a few obvious questions before anyone embarks on helping with your Quest - because we don't want to duplicate things unless we think we can get a result where someone else has failed before...
                                > For which sites do you have subscriptions?
                                > Do you have any documents to help you? (BMD certificates may have names and places that are useful)
                                > Are there any place/date combinations for him that you already know?

You've mentioned his death, for example - http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl has that GRO index info, showing that his death was registered Jan-Mar 1942, in the Bristol area, and that he was aged 70, when he died - so must have been born 1871-72. If you don't already have that certificate, you might want to order it - either direct from GRO (£9.25) or from the local district (about £10). There may be useful clues in the address or the name of the person who registered the death.

If you have a sub for Ancestry or FMP (I read that FMP might be free this w/e, for some reason), you could have a look to see what records they have... and work out whether you actually want to shell out for a subscription. There's a record on the passenger lists of someone of that name, resident of Spigno (a possible suburb of Naples), travelling from Naples to New York in 1902, aged 30. He may have made the same journey in 1899, aged "25", and a resident of "Spegni". The 1899 record matches a "laborer" who headed for Pittsburgh.

You might also see if there's anything in the FamilySearch records: https://familysearch.org/search
                                That's another free site - like FreeBMD.
                                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

There are some Public trees on Ancestry (not something to be regarded as a fount of all accuracy! but worth a look) that seem to have a USA death to go with the one on the NY passenger list.

I would say that you may need to be flexible about what you consider to be a relevant record, when it comes to spelling. Officialdom isn't always good at coping with names from foreign lands and they can be a bit cavalier about it. On top of that, people weren't always too bothered about the spelling, anyway.

C
                                  Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I am certain that they were both born in Italy, however I am not so sure if they were married over there? My grand-dad Joseph Simeone. I think Rosa's surname is Inelli however again I am not certain. I know her mum is called Louisae (I think there is an 'e' on the end) and I think she was also born in Italy.

I have a subscription for Ancestry (it's a free trial) but I don't think I can view Italian records - as that I think is what I really need to give me all of my answers.
                                    Georgia Mae Simeone

Comment

Originally posted by georgiasimeone View Post
                                      I am certain that they were both born in Italy, however I am not so sure if they were married over there? My grand-dad Joseph Simeone. I think Rosa's surname is Inelli however again I am not certain. I know her mum is called Louisae (I think there is an 'e' on the end) and I think she was also born in Italy.

I have a subscription for Ancestry (it's a free trial) but I don't think I can view Italian records - as that I think is what I really need to give me all of my answers.
                                      I would guess that you picked up "Louisae" from a baptism record? That's a Latin ending which means a possessive/genitive version of a name - so, "of Louisa".

"Innelli" and "Inelli" are likely to be interchangeable in records outside Italy.

Hmm...
                                      There's a 1911 family in Liverpool, where there are some plausible name-variant people. Was Rosa a lot younger than Domenico?
                                      Rose INNELLI, 19 (i.e. b 1891-92) b Liverpool, is one of the older of 8 children in a family with parents Fred Augustine (b Italy), 50 and Lucy (also b Italy), 39. Lucy would normally be associated with "Lucia", but could also be an Anglicisation of "Louisa"... though "Louisa" was a popular name in England.

C
                                      Last edited by Christine in Herts; 24-07-15, 15:59.

Comment

It's certainly an elusive family! I can see why they're tricky to follow. FamilySearch does have Italian records, but none of them seems to be coming up with the goods.

C

Comment

Working...
                                        X