Thomas Forster b1687 Harthill, CHS - d1738 Goostrey-cum-Barnshaw, CHS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Forster b1687 Harthill, CHS - d1738 Goostrey-cum-Barnshaw, CHS

I wondered if anyone could find a wife for the above chap.

He had a son Joseph Forster b17.1.1717 Goostrey-cum-Barnshaw who may have had a wife called Sarah Sherratt (m 1735 Astbury) but am not at all sure this is correct.
    Joseph and wife (whoever she was) had one child - Esther Forster b 20.11.1743 Chelford, CHS - d 11.7.1793 Astbury.

Esther Forster never married. She did, however, have 3 children (baptismal certs for children state "no father named")
    Children: Joseph b 1757 Goostrey-cum-Barnshaw, CHS
    Isaac b 1760 Goostrey - d 1811 Tarporely, CHS
    Rebecca b 1763 Chelford, CHS - can't find a death for her

Marriages of Esther's children:
    Joseph b 1757 m 15.9.1793 to Alice Vernon at St. Chads, Over, CHS - they had 5 children the oldest of whom was George Forster b 13.5.1792 Over, CHS - d 6.4.1828
    George was the oldest of 5 children and he is my X3 G.Grandfather
    He married Jane Bebbington on 6.7.1817 at St. Peter's Church, Prestbury, CHS (both were living in Odd Rode, CHS at the time of the marriage. George was an Ag Lab and Jane ?may have been a schoolteacher.

Because of the upper part of this bit of the Tree I really can't be sure of the stuff I have going back even further ................I have in fact ended up in Bamburgh Castle in Northumberland with a General Thomas Forster b29.3.1681 - apparently he died in 1737 in Bologne, Hauts-de-Seine, Isle de France - sounds very interesting but definitely does not sound like my poor Ag Lab Forsters.

Any crumb of info you drop my way will be extremely gratefully received!
    If this sounds muddled I apologise - my brain is certainly muddled with this lot.

Sue
    Last edited by Sue1; 19-07-15, 16:19.

Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Here are Forster of Goostrey-Cum-Barnshaw parish records from Familysearch if they help at all.

https://familysearch.org/search/coll...INGDOM_IRELAND here are lots of Cheshire records on Familysearch scroll down the list Sue

Edna

Comment

Many thanks indeed Edna - that should help a lot. I had forgotten about "collections" on FSOrg.
      My Forsters are all over Cheshire and the above site is obviously the place to search.

Sue

Comment

Sue

Don't suppose your Jane Bebbington had a brother Richard? I have a Jane Bebbington in my tree but she is the daughter of Richard Bebbington and Elizabeth (Johnson?).

OC

Comment

Hi OC
          10 siblings for my Jane but not a Richard in sight.
          Her parents were:
          Betty Dean - 1761 - 1803 b Astbury St. Mary, CHS and
          Samuel Bebbington - 1760 - 1826 - b Acton-by-Nantwich, CHS
          Jane married George Forster b 1792 Over, CHS

Sorry about that! Sue (I am beginning to dislike the Bebbingtons and Forsters!)

Comment

Working...
          X