Changing Security Program........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Security Program........

I've had Norton on my computer for years and have decided to install Kaspersky when renewal time arrives.

Do I just use the Norton Removal Tool, then put in the Kaspersky disc?

Second question - I've tried to enter the Automatic Renewal site, to cancel my automatic renewal due in August, but it just tells me that 'an unexpected error occurred'. How do I cancel it before they take another sub from me????

Any help will be gratefully received!

Gwyn
    Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

In most cases yes simple to remove.

What astounded me was that you renew from Norton (Symantec) directly.
    PC World have offered good discounts on Norton updates for years I can't remember when I last paid more than half the recomended price.

Cheers
    Guy
    Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Hi Guy

Norton was the supplied system when I received the laptop as a very generous birthday present, so I just installed it and ticked automatic renewal.

Actually, there's been an interesting development which slipped my mind which eases my problem. My bank has sent me a new debit card (one of those that you can have a cashier just swipe on items under £20). The actual numbers on my card have changed, so Norton won't be able to take an automatic sub!

Thanks for your reply - I'll prepare to take the plunge and swap systems.

Gwyn

Comment

what about Microsoft Security Essentials ?? quite a few of us use it and its free
        Microsoft Security Essentials reached end of service on January 14, 2020 and is no longer available as a download.

Comment

Thanks for that suggestion, Val. I'll certainly investigate further and if it's free, even better!

Gwyn

Comment

its also uncomplicated unlike some and touch wood nothing has got through yet, also dont forget not to run more than one virus protector at one

Comment

When I was using Windows I had Microsoft Security Essentials and found it very good. Easy to instal and updates automatically. Have also used Kapersky and found that excellent too.

Comment

There are quite a few free anti-virus protection program , I usually install Avira onto clients PCs
                MSE (microsoft Security Essentials) is also very good, although has recently gone down the rankings
                as a guide I usually review this site monthly just as a guide
                http://www.av-comparatives.org/

Comment

Thank you all for your input.

I feel a bit more confident now!

Gwyn
                  Last edited by Oscar; 19-07-15, 19:01.

Comment

Working...
                  X