Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buried in same grave

I know that often graves are re-used, but this is puzzling me

Frederick George Harries aged 54 buried in Pinner Cemetary 9th May 1936 D1/67 address Knock-She-Bawn Cuckoo Hill Pinner

Then 20 Jun 1960

Mary Margaret Winifred Josephine MacKay aged 59 address 27 Collingham Road SW5

Now he was married in 1916 Kensington to a Mary Ann Margaret Keegan born 1892 Waterford Ireland who's death I cannot find after 1936

Interestingly on the Marriage she says her name is Mary M J W Keegan

I wondered whether this was her and maybe she had remarried but the age would make her born in 1901 ? and I cannot find either a second Marriage for her or her Death

Any ideas thanks
    Last edited by Guest; 13-07-15, 11:25.

oops just found the death in Chelsea, but if its her cannot find the marriage
    Last edited by Guest; 13-07-15, 11:33.

Comment

An unpurchased grave Val?

My great grandparents aren't buried together, both in unpurchased graves with other people of no relation buried with them.

Comment

thanks Margaret but it says purchased Grave

Comment

If Frederick Harries' relatives failed to pay cemetery fees for an extended "stay", it's possible his remains were disinterred and reburied elsewhere in the cemetery. Then the plot would be available for another burial. Or if he was buried deep, there would be space for another burial on top.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Thanks Uncle John I thought once bought it was yours for ever

That's a bit sneaky so they sell the same grave twice
            Last edited by Guest; 13-07-15, 13:42.

Comment

There's Mary M and Robert Mackay at 27 Collingham Gardens in 1960

Just Robert Mackay in 1962

May be coincidence but a Robert Mackay aged 63 died in Chelsea in 1962
              Jackie

Comment

thanks Jackie going to see if I can find his burial
                Last edited by Guest; 13-07-15, 15:14.

Comment

I'm wondering if they did not marry so much of a coincidence her names ? would anybody agree its most likely her?

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    I'm wondering if they did not marry so much of a coincidence her names ? would anybody agree its most likely her?
                    Seems a big coincidence of names if it's not the same woman. But it struck me that maybe he was married twice and Mary Ann Margaret dies before 1936.

I'd check for deaths for her from date of marriage to his death and a remarriage for him at some point.

Margaret

Comment

Deceased online has Robert Mackay buried in Pinner New Cemetery on 11th September 1962. I haven't got a sub so haven't looked at the details.

All seems quite a coincidence especially with her initials. Perhaps she lied about her age to Robert Mackay as he was younger than her (guesswork though)

I don't know if Pinner would have been the normal cemetery for people living in SW5 in the 1960's
                      Jackie

Comment

thanks again Jackie I did look for his burial on there after you said his death but could not find him ? wonder what I did wrong? it does seem to be too much of a coincidence she never had what you would call a common name , going to have another look for that burial.

Comment

found it now thanks and they aren't buried together which would be odd if they were married

Comment

Originally posted by Night Owl View Post
                            I don't know if Pinner would have been the normal cemetery for people living in SW5 in the 1960's
                            Does sound a bit unlikely, though there wouldn't be anything at a closer radius to central London. I would have thought that a cemetery in the Wimbledon direction would be more likely.
                            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Val

My parents were married for 52 years and they aren't buried together - mum was cremated (her wish) and dad was buried (his wish).

OC

Comment

Found Robert buried in Pinner too but not with Mary.
                                OC my Mum is in Cheam and my Dad in Wales,as the Woman he was living with knew nothing about him so she had him buried there, turned out he was her chauffeur and odd job man and used to drive her to her Cottage in Wales and he used to say how nice it was so she had him buried in Merthyr Tydfil, funny thing is he hated the Welsh so serve him right.
                                Last edited by Guest; 14-07-15, 21:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                  Found Robert buried in Pinner too but not with Mary.
                                  OC my Mum is in Cheam and my Dad in Wales,as the Woman he was living with knew nothing about him so she had him buried there, turned out he was her chauffeur and odd job man and used to drive her to her Cottage in Wales and he used to say how nice it was so she had him buried in Merthyr Tydfil, funny thing is he hated the Welsh so serve him right.
                                  And Merthyr Tydfil too. God rest his soul

Comment

Its quite sad really as my mum has a Headstone which has two pages like a Book he was supposed to be on the other page but by the time this woman found us she had buried him, he had not even told her he had children and grandchildren.

Comment

Working...
                                    X