Another Ancestry offer ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Ancestry offer ..

Just read this elsewhere - might be useful to anyone who wants a quick "Ancestry fix"

Ancestry Premium Membership offer:
    £1 for 1 month offer ends 14 July 2015. No voucher no. required - telephone 0800 404 9723
    Remember to cancel 2 days before offer ends.
    Elaine

That's it, I rang them today to cancel my subscription that expires in Sept, telling them that Iit is far cheaper for me to take up their repeated offers than to pay for a full year.
    The operator just agreed with me
    Seems like loyalty is not rewarded these days

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

thats a shame Trevor , winds me up too, if you want any help you know where I am

Comment

Got this offer from Ancestry this morning
        Get 20% off an Annual Worldwide subscription.

Find your global family with billions of international records from around the world.
        12-month membership
        £143.99*
        £179.99
        SAVE 20%

Matt
        My avatar is my fathers father,name unknown.............................

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Muir View Post
          Got this offer from Ancestry this morning
          Get 20% off an Annual Worldwide subscription.

Find your global family with billions of international records from around the world.
          12-month membership
          £143.99*
          £179.99
          SAVE 20%

Matt
          I have just cancelled my worldwide membership as I thought £179 was expensive!

How did you manage to get the 20% offer? Did they just mail you?

Are you already a worldwide member?

Pookie

Comment

Hi Pookie

Yes I have a World sub & that email came in this morning.
            Just read the small print-- *Offer valid until 11:59 p.m. on 14 July 2015. Offer valid on purchase of Annual Worldwide memberships and available only to new members.
            I seldom buy direct from Ancestry, I usually buy an old version of Family Tree Maker that has a 6 month World sub.
            Buy 2 & you have a cheaper yearly sub. Bought present one on E-Bay for about £56 each.
            Just search Google for offers.
            Matt
            My avatar is my fathers father,name unknown.............................

Comment

Hi Matt
              thanks for your info, I've looked on eBay and there is one there for under£50 so even two would be good value! First got that info from Val I wish I'd never started on a per opioids thread.
              happy hunting.

pookie

Comment

Interesting that ................ I have a 1 year sub (not worldwide as I don't need it) which expires at the end of July (31st) - I also have Family Tree Maker to which my Tree is no longer connected as it seems to be corrupted and started doing funny things to my Tree and have lost a couple of pictures. It says I have 3 months free "Essentials" membership - not entirely sure what "Essentials" is (perhaps just births and deaths) and am actually not entirely sure what the current membership is but I get everything except "foreign" things. I asked ancestry some months ago if I could add it on to my current membership and they said "NO". I find this rather odd. Are they correct? Sue

Comment

Sounds as if your current membership is Premium, which gives access to all UK and Ireland records. Essentials is less than that (just BMD and Census?) so they couldn't add it to your current sub.
                  Anne

Comment

are you sure the 3 months free was not attached to a FTM disc you bought ? if so they wont add to it but you can always upgrade your normal sub say for UK records to worldwide.

Comment

Yes, I gather I do have premium and the free 3months essentials was attached to an FTM disc I was given (2012 version). Since I don't need or want worldwide, I am not sure how I can use this - in fact I probably can't. Thanks anyway, Sue

Comment

Working...
                      X