Canon Printer MG4250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canon Printer MG4250

Once again I am struggling with my Canon MG4250 wireless printer. I have a Samsung tablet 3 10" and I just cannot get it to print. It detects the printer and when I select a document to send to printer I only get the choice of Google Print or Samsung Print. Can anyone help me with this problem please?
    I have downloaded the Canon Icon and installed it and removed it and repeated the same procedure a number of times but still no luck and of course it is installed at present.

I am thinking of buying an Apple iPad and hope that I do not have the same problem.
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

I think you actually need the Canon software in the tablet but I've no idea how to do that. We have an Epson printer/scanner and in order to print from our laptops we needed to load the Epson disc on to each one. The printer is connected to the router.
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 08-07-15, 08:30.

Comment

This is a very difficult printer to set up gone are the days when you 'plug in' and print. I regret having purchased this printer in 2013 and considering buying a new one ( not a canon).
      I think where both myself and a local shop have worked so hard on trying to use this I have had a so called updated today but it has deleted the Icon and any trace of it. The shop thinks that it is Google who are blocking this to try and make one use their service.
      Thank you for your ideas they all help.
      Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Have you tried the Canon Printer forum?
        Elaine

Comment

.. or this one
          Welcome to the Printer Forums, a place to discuss problems with any printer type. Epson, Canon, HP, Lexmark and ink cartridges etc... are all catered for here.
          Elaine

Comment

Margaret, what operating system is the Samsung tablet running?

Comment

Elaine
              Thank you for the links I have not found the answer on them as they cover a very wide range of products. It only affects my Tablet the laptop is OK. On another site when trying to find the Icon that is no longer available I noticed a Blog and it is here that people are blasting Canon. I have been able to print a picture today by blindly sending it to Print. Only the Google Print Icons and the Samsung ones appeared on the screen they claimed that their was no trace of a printer. Suddenly the Samsung Icon appeared in the background and printed a 4x6 image not giving me a choice of size.
              It appears that to print a document Samsung require one to agree to unacceptable terms and that is for every document one prints each time.
              [B]dermotdjt[/B]
              Andriod system
              Margaret N

Comment

Working...
              X