HELP Husband messed this up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP Husband messed this up

Tom does not know anything about pcs and he asked to look at cars on here so I set him up and repeatedly said dont click on any pop ups or anything, now I am having awful trouble its taken me hours to come back on here this site and others windows network diagnosis.jpgwould not open this is the message I keep getting HELP please

This could be that something has changed your Internet settings
    Go to your Internet Properties
    Click on the Connections Tab.
    At the bottom of the Connection Tab, click on the button called LAN Settings.
    The Local Area Network window should appear.
    Look to see if a box called "use a proxy server" is checked, if it is remove the tick from it.
    Once everything is unchecked, click OK. Then click the Apply button on the Internet Properties windows. Click OK to exit the window and your browser

Otherwise, you may need to use System Restore to restore your again PC settings to a previous point where it all worked and then run MalwareBytes and your anti-virus on the PC

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thanks very much for such a quick response Trevor, and I decided not to kill him YET;D

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
        ... now I am having awful trouble its taken me hours to come back on here this site ..
        Val, we were offline last night from about 21.00h - 22.00h with a server problem which may have added to your connection problem! :(
        Elaine

Comment

I take it that it worked?

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

oh really Elaine wish I'd known,:( yes thanks Trevor its worked so far. he wont be using this for a long long time.

Comment

oh really Elaine wish I'd known,:( yes thanks Trevor its worked so far. he wont be using this for a long long time.
              have you liked the Facebook page Val? if you have you should receive notifications when the site is down. :smilee:
              Julie
              They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

no Julie as I dont go on there more than maybe three times a year,is that what happens then ? thanks will have a look

Comment

A down site as not your problem, as you would have received the message 'Error 404: page cannot be found'

Researching:

Comment

I'm just pleased its sorted thanks Trevor

Comment

no Julie as I dont go on there more than maybe three times a year,is that what happens then ? thanks will have a look
                      yes, if you like FTF's FB page you should get notifications when the site has a problem x
                      Julie
                      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                        yes, if you like FTF's FB page you should get notifications when the site has a problem x
                        You do need to make sure that you Like the page and not just one of the posts.

When it says Liked, you then need to tick Notifications and Following as well.
                        Caroline
                        Caroline's Family History Pages
                        Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Comment

Working...
                        X