X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elizabeth Sarah Ann Bond

Trying to find more information for:
    Elizabeth Sarah Ann Bond.
    birth: 1854 in London, Middlesex, England.
    death: 1943 in Edmonton, Middlesex, England.
    Parents: William Thomas Bond (1827 - 1883) and Jane Ellen COLE (1829 - 1913)
    Baptism: 2nd Apr 1854 Saint James, Bermondsey, London.
    Residence: 1881 Bermondsey, London.
    Residence:1901 Camberwell, London England.
    Anny further information up to her Death 1943 would be appreciated.

Thks

Noel

in 1911 she is living with her mother Jane Ellen a widow aged 82 living on her own means
    Sarah was aged 57 occupation nil. Also in house was William Graves Bond aged 61 single and a commercial clerk
    address
    61 East Dulwich Road East Dulwich S E
    Parish Camberwell
    County London

Jane Ellen had 13 children, 8 living 5 having died.

hope this helps
    Jan x

not sure if you have this but Jane Ellen had made a will . died 2.12.1913 to Arthur Charles Bond a salesman. Effects £5
    Last edited by Janet H.; 21-06-15, 16:05.

Comment

According to the London Electoral Registers 1832-1965 on ancestry, Sarah Elizabeth Ann Bond lived in 4 Goldsmith's Buildings, Acton, from 1919 to 1938. I cannot find her later than this

for example

London, England, Electoral Registers, 1832-1965

Name: Elizabeth Sarah Ann Bond
      Year: 1920
      County or Borough: Ealing
      Ward or Division/Constituency: Acton
      Street address: 4 Goldsmith's Buildings

She was the only occupant eligible to be listed

Name: Elizabeth Sarah Ann Bond
      Year: 1936
      County or Borough: Ealing
      Ward or Division/Constituency: Acton
      Street address: 4 Goldsmith's Buildings

Only one listed for that address

Sarah Elizabeth/Eliza Ann/Annie Bond living at 18 Allison Road is NOT your Sarah

The Goldsmith's Buildings were Almshouses built around 1811 by the Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths, there were eventually a total of 20 almshouses

there is some recent history on the Grade 11 listing and modern renovations into 20 luxury houses for sale to "young professionals"here

Online resource for Acton W3 London, the site for property , restaurants , shops and information on the Community
      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Thankyou for your help all, I will now go over your suggestions and info and come back. I have some nice fresh information now thankyou.
        Noel

Comment

i suggest you email the Goldsmiths Co and ask them if they still have any records for her or her family.
          here is the link
          The Goldsmiths’ Company is a membership organisation that has contributed to national life for 700 years. Learn about our history, our role in the modern world, and our charity.
          Angelina

Comment

I'v been able to add so much more to her profile: http://search.ancestry.com.au/cgi-bi...=&rank=1&pgoff=
            Last edited by Noel Bond; 22-06-15, 14:42.

Comment

From past experience, the archivists at the Goldsmiths Company seem very helpful.
              Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

yes, I found lots of references to the buildings ........... but thought I would give you the fun of finding them rather than giving all the links

The "old" buildings look fantastic .............. and I wonder how much the "new" luxury renos cost :D
                My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

I'm in Australia so will probably only get to see these places in street view, Sylvia C

Comment

Like me ............... I'm in Canada, so have to rely on pictures on the internet :D

Comment

Working...
                    X