What does this say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does this say?

Can anyone tell me what Peter's middle name is please? This is all a follow on from my post a few weeks back on Ceridwen West, which you all helped me with - Chrissie in particular. I now have a load of BM&D certificates to help in my search for the lost part of my family. TIA, Wynne

Looks like Dunbridge to me.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Ambridge?
      Glen

Comment

Burbridge ?

Need to see the rest of the certificate to have a better idea.
        Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
        Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

I think Burbridge too, what year is it from maybe he left a will ??
          Last edited by Guest; 15-06-15, 12:19.

Comment

I also go with Burbridge.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Is the deceased by any chance named June C H West? If so, after a little bit of research, I think it may possibly be Ambridge.
              Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 15-06-15, 15:14.
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I'd vote for Ambridge too. The initial letter looks nothing like the B in Brooke.
                Always looking for Goodwins in Berkshire.

Comment

Sorry, I should have uploaded all of the cert for you to see. I had cropped it to enlarge the name. Here it is in context -

Comment

Having had time to look more closely this evening, the A in the word Artery and Avenue looks remarkably like the first letter of the mystery name. I think Ambridge looks promising.
                    What have you turned up with June C H West, Chrissie?

Comment

Private Member's Tree on ancestry has this

Peter Ambridge West
                      Birth: 1923 - Bedfordshire, England

tree owner name teejay6800

Plus there are two Private Member Photos for the same name
                      Last edited by Sylvia C; 15-06-15, 20:00. Reason: add more information
                      My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Sorry, ignore the June West comment, I was rushing and had found something I thought would help but this morning I think I may have found something else.
                        In Dec 1912 William Ambridge married Edith E Bates - Bedford 3b 887

Two of the children were Ethel S Ambridge mmn Bates born Sept 1913 Edmonton 3a 1010, who died as Ethel Sybil Brooke in 2005 in Edmonton. Also was Peter A Ambridge mmn Bates born Sept 1923 in Bedford 3b 453. This Peter A was also registered as Peter A West mmn Bates.
                        In December 1923 Edith E Ambridge married Conroy A West in Lambeth ref 1d 675.

I think this may explain his name.

Comment

William Ambridge seemingly died during WW1 in France in 1918

Name: William Ambridge
                          Death Date: 7 Apr 1918
                          Regiment: Bedfordshire Regiment
                          Battalion: 8th Battalion
                          Type of Casualty: Killed in action
                          Comments: Att 6/Bat
                          Other Records:
                          My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Thanks both. This is turning into a good plot for a new episode of Poirot. On Peter West's marriage cert. I thought his father's name was Conway, but you're correct, it is Conroy.

I'm going to read your posts again now and write it down for it to sink in. This is great! I really am very grateful to you for your time and help. Wynne

Comment

You're very welcome Wynne We love a challenge on here........and especially when it keeps us from the housework :D

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
                                You're very welcome Wynne We love a challenge on here........and especially when it keeps us from the housework :D
                                oh how I agree with this

Comment

Wynne ............

there are several Family Trees on ancestry, both Public and Private, with Peter Ambridge West.

It might be worth your while contacting the tree owners at some point.

If you do not have a subscription to ancestry ......... there are 2 options. One is to wait until they offer a free weekend. The second would be to take out a free 2 week trial.

If you do the latter, be aware that you have to provide a credit card number, and they will charge your card immediately on the conclusion of the 14 days UNLESS you notify them by email at least 3 days in advance that you do not wish to continue

Comment

You are better at this than me Sylvia. I could only find one private tree with him on. What exactly did you put in the search facility please?

Comment

I do have a sub to Ancestry and will contact the owners of these trees. Peter Ambridge West still hasn't flagged up any hints for me yet although there are a load of hints for his parents and sister.

Comment

Hi Chris

The first time, I put in Peter Ambridge West.

Today, I looked for William Ambridge, wife Edith

UK and Ireland

and no other information

Comment

Working...
                                        X