Some people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some people

I just had an email from somebody on Ancestry, no idea what she was on about ,so I went to my past messages and in Aug 2013 she had asked me about somebody she thought was in my tree ,I had tried to help her then and this was in response to that ? she wants the record I had found ,I am quite amazed anybody would expect me to keep a record from 2013 I had found which is nothing to do with my tree I was just helping her out.

I never cease to be amazed by the expectations of some people, Val.
    If I kept every scrap of paper with jottings made on behalf of other researchers, by the end of a couple of months I'd never get in the room, let alone near the computer;D

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

lucky for her I had put the record in my shoebox just found it, but am not happy with her .

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
        lucky for her I had put the record in my shoebox just found it, but am not happy with her .
        It's certainly a bit thoughtless - perhaps she's had something happen in her life that has kept her away from her FH research and she's just got back to it.

C
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

That's true Christine but she did not even mention who she was talking about , a lot of water has gone under the bridge in the past 2 years, she has not even thanked me yet ,whether she will or not ? dont know why I bothered.

Comment

You bothered Vallee because you are a person who likes to help people out. Some people expect the earth and don't bother to thank you but don't let the odd one from time to time put you off. The majority of people I have helped express their thanks and are very grateful for assistance.

Keep on helping Vallee,

Ian

Comment

Hi Ian it is nice to be able to help others as I have been helped but I always say thanks ,some people never do.

Comment

Working...
              X