Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody bored

Trying to tie up loose ends on this family

Frederick Marshall born abt 1860 Shoreditch have found a Birth reg for him I think ?
    cannot find a bap yet his sister Mary Ann was baptised 31 Jan 1864 in Hoxton St John Hackney

Parents Frederick Hayes Marshall who died in 1871 and Emily Marshall nee Moore who died in 1874

Here he is in 1871 Can anybody find a bap or him after 1871 I dont need his parents or his sister I know what happened to them thanks

Last edited by Guest; 12-06-15, 13:39.

Hi Val, have you seen this tree on Ancestry http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/tree/131...on/12020645764
    i can't see him after 1871 at the moment, will keep looking.
    Paul

Comment

I don't think that tree is correct as Frederick Augustus' mother was Mary Ann.

Comment

hi Paul and thanks for looking ,there are a few trees with him in but nobody knows what happened to him it seems, and yes that person has the wrong names attached to their tree.

Comment

only found this: 1891: http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...try&h=27034911

but I can't spot them after/before this date! [or the children!]
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I haven't looked yet Val, but I see it is Shoreditch and Hackney, Both you and Julie have done somersaults trying to find some of my ancestors living in this area in this era. I am wondering if you are having similar difficulties as they just aren't there. Will go and have a look now, but if you hear nothing from me you will know I haven't found anything if I don't post again.
            Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Am I having a thick moment, but having found a baptism in Hounslow, I was checking fathers occupation and when I tried to find the parents on the 1861 link, when I go back to page 21 to find the head of household the name is William and Mary Moore.

Ah just seen that Emily was a Moore on your post .... sorry
              Last edited by bubblebelle; 18-06-15, 12:45.
              Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

I have looked on freebmd and found a Frederick registered in Shoreditch in Sept qtr 1860, there is also a death for a Frederick in Shoreditch in 1861, so is this the Frederick you talk of as the children are with their grandparents in 1871, I only ask as I cannot find the death you have stated. Dinner is ready so will come back later.
                Bubblebelle x

Comment

I have been looking at London marriages. Frederick Marshall who married an Alice Simkin, records his father as a farmer, so not sure about that census result.
                  other Fredericks also don't fit, BUT I have found a marriage Frederick Marshall b. circa 1865, he is 10 years older than the bride, so may have taken off a few years, father a Frederick Marshall, tailor. I see on the baptism of Mary Ann and the 1861 census father was a 'fancy' box maker, but on this record it states a tailor. I do wonder though as his grandfather who he was with in 1871 was a tailor.

Bubblebelle x

Comment

Thanks Julie that 1891 census is probably not him ,but the one Bubble has found might be, thanks Bubble am off to look into it .
                    Last edited by Guest; 18-06-15, 19:54.

Comment

not him thanks Bubble, I know he was alive at least till 1891 as his grandfather left him some money in his will, so not his death either but thanks very much both of you for trying.

Comment

Val,

I can't find Fred's fathers death reg in 1871 do you have it please [just need to get it sorted in my head!]
                        Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                          not him thanks Bubble, I know he was alive at least till 1891 as his grandfather left him some money in his will, so not his death either but thanks very much both of you for trying.
                          could this be a 'different' Fred Marshall that was left the money?

interestingly I have found another Fred Marshall [sr] b 1841 in york but living/married to a woman almost 20 yrs his junior!]

was thinking along the lines if fred sr didn't die in 1871 but remarried/lived with/was widowed that might be why there isn't a death for him in the indexes?

what occupation did Fred sr do? [s'ok I found it]

1901:
                          Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!
                          Last edited by Darksecretz; 19-06-15, 09:35.
                          Julie

Comment

is this his bapt?

Name: Frederick Marshall
                            Baptism Date: 9 May 1841
                            Baptism Place: Saint Margaret,York,York,England
                            Father: John Marshall
                            Mother: Eliza
                            FHL Film Number: 990874
                            Julie

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                              Trying to tie up loose ends on this family

Frederick Marshall born abt 1860 Shoreditch have found a Birth reg for him I think ?
                              cannot find a bap yet his sister Mary Ann was baptised 31 Jan 1864 in Hoxton St John Hackney

Parents Frederick Hayes Marshall who died in 1871 and Emily Marshall nee Moore who died in 1874

Here he is in 1871 Can anybody find a bap or him after 1871 I dont need his parents or his sister I know what happened to them thanks

http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/76...l=ReturnRecord
                              I might be going mad here but FHM wasn't a Hayes when he married Emily Moore.. though I have noticed that his grandfather had the name of Hayes, do you think that the names might be muddled? [what I mean is that FHM did die in around 1871 but that was a grandfather or something and Fred jr's dad didn't die then but he remarried after Emily died?]
                              Julie

Comment

thanks for replying Julie going to have another look at the tree, be back later

Comment

been having another look and ,the facts are right as far as I know as I am in contact with a rellie of his, nobody seems to know what happened to Fred born 1860, thanks for helping I am going to give him another little rest for now.

Comment

Working...
                                  X