FTM2014 - photos gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM2014 - photos gone?

Help,just installed my new 2014 program and uploaded tree to ancestry but all the photos and media have gone? Anyone know how to sort it please?

Heather, if it's the first time you have synchronised the tree with Ancestry, you may find that the photos and media take a while to catch up! The data transfer seems to work quickly, but I have known media items, depending on how many you have, take up to an hour to show up.
    Perhaps check again to see whether they are there now.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks elaine, but they are still missing on the ancestry familytree site :(

Comment

I had two trees on ancestry - one for my 2011 ftm and one for the 2014?? I wanted to import my tree from ancestry or the 2011 ftm into the 2014 but couldnt seem to do it so I made a ged com from my 2011 tree on ancestry (bear with me ) and imported that

Ive now deleted the second tree from ancestry as the photos were not coming up and my 2014 program on my puter is now empty again.

Help, is there no way I can just move all my 2011 stuff over to the 2014 program ? On the 2014 program on my pc it says import existing tree but when I say I want to do that from ancestry the tree name comes up with a no entry sign on it so I cant do it??

Comment

First of all a GEDCOM from FTM 2011 would be data only - no images.

As I understand it you have a tree currently in FTM 2011 which you wish to transfer to FTM 2014 - and then to Ancestry.
          So, open FTM 2014 - click on NEW TREE tab.
          Select IMPORT AN EXISTING TREE - and where it says FILE TO IMPORT use the browse function to find your FTM2011 tree stored on your computer.
          I would suggest you give it a new name, so you don't get confused between the two files - press CONTINUE - and the file should open in 2014.
          Then use the TreeSync facility to upload it to Ancestry.

If I've misunderstood, you'll have to explain again!
          Elaine

Comment

Hi elaine, yes you got it mostly right. The point is the 2011 is linked to ancestry and the tree is on there already and is perfectly ok re photos and images etc.

I tried what you suggested originally but I ended up with the two trees on ancestry, one dixonhorstead and another dixonhorstead(1). The second one being the 2014 one with no photos showing. So Ive now deleted that one on ancestry and on the 2014 program.

If you say that the 2011 would not contain the photos etc. then Id be in the same position, wouldnt I? So is it possible to import the tree with photos etc to the 2014 from ancestry? But if I click on the 2014 "download a tree from ancestry" my tree name appears on a list (along with two others I have on there for friends families) and next to the name for my tree it says no actions avaliable.

HANG ON, just noticed on the 2014 program above the list of trees i have on ancestry there is a little box with "link this tree" ticked. Ive unticked it and now it looks like I can download it from ancestry, so I shall have a go, but not too confident about this

Thanks so much for your patience.
            Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 30-05-15, 17:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post

HANG ON, just noticed on the 2014 program above the list of trees i have on ancestry there is a little box with "link this tree" ticked. Ive unticked it and now it looks like I can download it from ancestry, so I shall have a go, but not too confident about this
              That may well be the problem - hope so!
              Elaine

Comment

Working...
              X