Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walthamstow (was Essex) Electoral Rolls

Hi

Does anyone know where I can gain access to the electoral rolls for Walthamstow for the 1950s please?

Thank you

They appear to be on Ancestry Gill. Though when I tried to check it said the page was temporarily unavailable.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Ooh thank you I hadn't seen them.

Comment

Unfortunately I cannot see them Are they listed as a Essex electoral rolls or are you suggesting that they might be covered under the London electoral rolls up to 1965 please?

Thank you

Comment

Walthamstow is included on the London Electoral rolls - but unfortunately only the years 1964 and 1965 are covered.
          Elaine

Comment

Thank you Elaine, It is specifically the 1950 that I am looking for.

Does anyone know where they are for Walthamstow to cover the 1950s? Thank you

Comment

This is what the Essex Record Office site says about Walthamstow electoral registers:

"(9) Leyton and Walthamstow registers after 1918 and Chingford registers after 1970 can be seen at the London Borough of Waltham Forest Archives and Local Studies Library, Vestry House Museum, Vestry Road, London E17 9NH."

And here's a link to their website:
              http://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/archives-local-studies
              Last edited by JudithM; 15-05-15, 17:27.
              Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

I am so sorry Gill, I had to log of suddenly and have only just managed to get back on. I'm so pleased that you seem to have been given the answer now.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thank you to Chrissie and Judith M

Comment

The British Library at St Pancras should also have them
                    Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
                    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thank you Antony

Comment

Working...
                      X