Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it easy(ish) to replace your power connector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it easy(ish) to replace your power connector?

For a few weeks now, I have to wiggle around the power connector to my laptop to get it to charge (a little icon comes up showing the plug). Currently I have the power cord over the top of the laptop as it seems to connect to whatever that charges that way

Ive rung the local computer shop who reckons its £79 to do :eek but the part is only a few quid, its the labour that costs. Ive looked at a you tube of someone doing it. And as long as you make sure where the bits you take off go back then it doesnt seem a huge job?

My son says that is the price he would charge if he was doing it. He does this for work. Takes a good two hours to do. Not only have you got to take the laptop to pieces you've got to know how to de-solder & solder and then put it all back again. He wouldn't advice you to do it yourself unless you really know what you are doing.
    Last edited by WendyPusey; 13-05-15, 20:10.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Hmm, thanks Wendy/Dave. Its just working out whether to buy a new laptop or not instead. I think I may back up everything on here to a stick or disk and possibly have an attempt at doing it ourselves with the help of you tube. If it goes bottoms up then I will get a new laptop.

Comment

Working...
      X