Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edward Nicholls Born circa 1783 Buckinghamshire

Hi All
    Hope all is well long time since I been on here last time you all done so well for me thankyou. So heres one that I realy am stumped on Edward Nicholls born around 1783 (info from other researchers on Ancestry) think it could be born in Chepping Wycombe Buckinghamshire. Possibly married Elizabeth Bradshaw on the 8th Jan 1807 at All Saints Church in High Wycombe (file No 18792). The paperwork I had for that Marriage has vanished. (I suffer from having Teenage boys who come into my room for scrap paper for there Schoolwork) so its possible that's where it went as it was on a sheet of A4 paper. 1851 Census states Elizabeth born 1785 in Little Marlow Buckinghamshire. On Census she is stated as being 66 and Edward 72. It also says that Edward was born in Wycombe any help would be appreciated please.
    John

There is this baptism for Edward Nichols but no parents names mentioned
    01 Jun 1782
    High Wycombe, Crenden Lane Meeting House (Independent)

Marriage to Eliz. Bradshaw.
    08 Jan 1807
    High Wycombe,Buckingham,

1841 census
    HO107 /53/11/7/2
    Edward Nichols Male 62 1779 Ag Lab
    Eliza Nichols Fem 58 1783
    William Nichols Male 29 1812 Ag Lab
    Alford Nichols Male 21 1820
    Ann Nichols Fem 26 1815
    William Nichols Male 8 1833
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Hi Katarzyna
      Many thanks for that, I did wonder wether it would come under High Wycombe instead of Chepping Wycombe and also on the 1851 Census it states his Wife is called Elizabeth and not Eliz. I notice we have 2 Williams so I am presuming William B1812 must have died at an early age. Thanks ever so much for your help in this I need to start looking for Deaths now on this Family.
      Jonboy

Comment

In the 1841 census relationships are not stated so the younger William born 1833 may not necessarily be a son. As Elizabeth was born c1783 she would be have been 50 when he was born so probably not her son.

Comment

Hi
          Yes that's possible thank you I can see this part of Family of mine are going to be difficult, maybe I should find some time and go down to the Records office in Aylesbury or maybe they have one in High Wycombe its only an hour away.
          Jonboy

Comment

Unfortunately William Nichols/Nicholls is a popular name, there are 3 deaths for this name in the Wycombe area in 1842, 1850 and 1853.

Looks like Edward died in 1861 in the Wycombe are.

He stayed in Hedsor -
            1851 census HO107/ Piece 1719/ Folio 6/ Page 4
            Edward 70, 1781 Ag Lab
            Elizabeth 66, 1785
            Alfred 31, 1820 Ag Lab

1861 Census, Piece 859/ Folio 91/ Page 2
            Edward 79, 1782 Ag Lab widower
            Alfred 40, 1821 Ag Lab

Comment

Thanks, yes I have other members of my Family in the Village of Hedsor although most of them came from Akeley Village.

Comment

Wow!!!!
                Whilst looking at Edward Nicholls in the Village of Hedsor I found him to working as a Labourer in his seventies with his Son Alfred at Hedsor Farm (looks like they a tied house with Job) ok you might say nothing in that easy to find but, upon looking close on the Census I found also living and working on the same Farm a James Holley 75 and wife Hannah 77 who happen to be my 3rd Gt Grandfather whom I been looking for. Its a small world.
                jonboy

Comment

Great find for you John...Lovely feeling when you come across something like that out of the blue...know the feeling
                  Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

Excellent!! Always pays to look around in the census if your family come from a small village.

Comment

Well
                      Im still learning and they say you learn something new everyday, even though ive been doing my Tree now for at least 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                      X