new zealand certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new zealand certificates

I have previously bought the death registration of my grandmother in order to trace her family as they give the details of surviving children which was a great help to me. But I now have a problem with my mums birth certificate, as in I cant find it!!! I applied for a badge for my car so I can use disabled parking when I take her out but need her birth certificate. Cant find it anywhere and as she has dementia she has no idea where it is either so I tried to order a copy direct from new Zealand but the website has a thing called realme. Basically you have to register with all your details to prove who you are then you can access various sites and use your realme code. Tried to do this but it appears you have to be a citizen of new Zealand with a passport or you can pop into one of the realme shops and register.
    Unless there is another website I can use..... any ideas anybody please?

I am going over in October so maybe I can get one from a registry office but would have liked to have got it before then.

Can you not use another form of ID, pension, passport etc.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Does your mum receive any kind of disability payment? If so, the revenue office should have all her details including (if like G.B.) her national health number? If she has a number they will have her birth details. Just a thought.
      Vonny

Comment

Just another thought. If you have relatives in G.B. (I am assuming your mother was born here?) could they order a copy of her birth certificate for you and send it over to you?

If you have used this in the past you know the information they require, year, quarter, maiden name, vol. and page. Whoever orders it for you would have to register their name and address but that doesn't cost.
        Vonny

Comment

mum was born in new Zealand and we are in GB.....
          I have all mums pension details etc, no passport as she is 88 and hasn't been abroad so hasn't needed one. no driving licence but the council insist on her birth certificate to get a badge so I have given up trying on that one.

Comment

This is the website for Internal Affairs N.Z. and you can apply online for your mum's birth cert. http://www.dia.govt.nz/Births-deaths-and-marriages
            Vonny

Comment

Working...
            X