Help on Chrome freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on Chrome freezing

this happens mostly when I have IE open then try and open chrome, chrome freezes immediately and I cannot use the Mouse or get Task manager to open for ages, any ideas ? thanks

Ummmm .... close IE first??
    Sorry to be flippant, I have no idea really.
    Anne

Comment

thanks Anne but I want to use both, and it only happens sometimes when IE is open it also happens when I just try chrome? its really odd.

Comment

Val, Ive been using chrome because FF was freezing so often. But chrome seem to take so long to open pages - I was going to give up on it but I did a google search and the thing that seemed to sort it was (from memory this!) going to settings then advanced settings and then privacy and then untick the box that says something like "prefetch resources".

I did it just yesterday and then chrome seemed to whiz along. Worth a bash anyway.

Comment

thanks Heather just did that shall see how it goes

Comment

Val, mine started playing up again - so slow opening pages, Ive done another search and someone suggested, settings, advanced settings then under system uncheck use accerelation. Close browser and then reopen.

Lots of people thanking them for it, so Ive just had a go and it is whipping along now. Fingers crossed its fixed.

Comment

so far so good Heather , I have given up on IE completely now

Comment

Val,

I just wonder are you with the famous TT? As I had something similar last week and that was just using Google. I have only once been able to get on the web since Friday using my Samsung Tablet. It just says no signal and now it is saying the same but I have of course just been able to use my laptop today. That tells me I have a very strong signal but nothing on the Tablet. I have checked the settings etc. When the tablet works it is excellent but when we get a 'blip in the system' it just shuts down. How people can rely on them baffles me I would be lost without my laptop.
                Margaret N
                DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

hyer Margaret nice to se you, no I went from them last year am with BT now, I just found out that the new yahoo mail may have been causing me so many problems, lots of people saying it uses up a lot of memory ,anyway I deleted all my emails in there last night and have also deleted my account got fed up with trying to access them.

Comment

Working...
                  X