Find a Will problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find a Will problem

Any thoughts as to overcome a problem with https://probatesearch.service.gov.uk/#wills
    If I enter the name Leech and the year 1944 in the Wills and Probate 1858-1996 section I get the list beginning with an 'S' on sheet 1 and sheet 2 starts with Le, but is past Leech.
    How can I find page 246 and previous pages.
    DGJay

Ignore me ... I just looked on Ancestry and found he didn't have a will..
    DGJay

Comment

I've found lots of problems with the probate website, like the one you describe. Have emailed them with 2 instances just in the last couple of days
      The National Archives, Kew – Research Service Offered
      Contact me via PM on Family Tree Forum or via my personal website - www.militaryandfamilyresearch.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by annswabey View Post
        I've found lots of problems with the probate website, like the one you describe. Have emailed them with 2 instances just in the last couple of days
        I've been in touch with them about images for wills that are black background with white writing! not easy to read and not nice to print out if you want - they did not give me a satisfactory answer.

Margaret

Comment

I've had the same problem several times. Occasionally I've been able to find the right image by entering a name that is alphabetically close to the surname I want, but this doesn't always work. One thing I've found is that with names containing an apostrophe (e.g. O'Hara, etc) - you sometimes get different results depending on whether you include or omit the apostrophe, so try both! However, I think that in many cases the actual images are missing, so the only answer is to email them and hope that they eventually sort it out.

Margaret - if you have a negative image (i.e. white writing on a black background) you can invert the image using Photoshop or similar image editing software. On Photoshop the option is under "Image - Adjustments - Invert" (ctrl-I). If you don't have Photoshop, there are several free programs that you can download which will do the same thing.

Richard

Comment

Working...
          X