Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please can someone find what happened to Ann

Ann Youell b. 1803 Stockton, Norfolk

married James Neave in Bungay Suffolk 14 Feb 1926 (Bungay is a big hub for Youells)

In 1851 she is widowed with 4 children still living in Bungay

William, George, James, Mary Ann.

I believe James died in 1844.

In 1861 she is living with her daughter Mary Ann who has married David Raven a fisherman and they are all living in Lowestoft.

In 1866 her daughter Mary Ann dies and David remarries in 1867 and I cannot find anything for Ann Neave after 1861. I have tried following sons William and George to find her. I am struggling with James

Many thanks
    Last edited by bubblebelle; 27-04-15, 19:43.
    Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

What year and where was James born? I can only see William, George and Mary Ann on the 1841 census.

Also can only find Baps for those three in Bungay.
    Last edited by Katarzyna; 27-04-15, 20:35.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

dont know if you noticed but she says born 1811 in 1851 ?

Comment

no wonder I am having trouble finding them on FMP in 1861 Raven transcribed as Ranen and Neave as Neace

Comment

Sorry I'm back, had to take care of Mum.

Er not sure re James, I have him b. circa 1835 in Bungay, but I am tidying up my trees, ie adding sources etc as I originally did this offline, but now you have me thinking that I may have made him up, hence why I am stuck.

I will have to retrace my usual search patterns with him, to prove or disprove him. Have just found it, but may belong to another Neave pairing will have to check further.
          James Neave
          England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975

christening:

19 April 1835

SUFFOLK COUNTY BTS, SUFFOLK, ENGLAND

father:

James Neave

mother:

Anne

Val: nothing surprises me re ages. I have retraced my steps there. 1841 indicates the same but 1861 she is down as 56.

Her baptism is 30 Jan 1803. As you know I have fun researching Youell and I have noted how I found the marriage (Marriage found via igi Bungay transcribed Neve and Yowell)

Thanks

PS I am on the right track with the family though as the following generations have cousins within the wider family as witnesses on marriage certs.
          Last edited by bubblebelle; 27-04-15, 21:12.
          Bubblebelle x

FAMILY INTERESTS: Pitts of Sherborne Gloucs. Deaney (Bucks). Pye of Kent. Randolph of Lydd, Kent. Youell of Norfolk and Suffolk. Howe of Lampton. Carden of Bucks.

Comment

Just seen your last post Val, welcome to my family, they liked to hide in the oddest of places.

By the way I found David Raven's burial noted in Lowestoft cemetery transcriptions

but there is nothing for Ann or her daughter
            Last edited by bubblebelle; 27-04-15, 21:20.
            Bubblebelle x

Comment

still looking

Comment

thank you
                Bubblebelle x

Comment

you dont think maybe she married again ? its not unheard of even at her age

Comment

I couldn't find anything via Ancestry but maybe I should widen my search to other databases. I will follow that up.

Well it's not Ann Neave/Samuel Leggett marriage in 1872, grave shows 58 when died in 1906
                    Last edited by bubblebelle; 27-04-15, 21:44.
                    Bubblebelle x

Comment

what about Mary Ann Raven born 1837 died 1865 buried 17 May 1865 Lowestoft St Margaret

Comment

or Mary Ann Raven buried 15 Mar 1866 Lowestoft Norfolk

or Mary Ann Raven buried 17 May 1866 Lowestoft Norfolk

Comment

bit unlikely but what about Ann Neave born 1811 died Mar quarter 1867 age 56 Luton Bedfordshire 3B 309

Comment

The Mary Ann Raven's in 1866, One is Mary Ann daughter of Ann and the other is her infant daughter, I think it safe to say death related to childbirth.

If Ann was asserting she was younger than she actually was. In 1861 she gives her occupation as cook, she may have gone into service somewhere. But the link would be very tenuous. I would like to find her amongst some Youells, many of the family did appear to go back to their roots.

I am going to have to give up for now, this is day 3 on this particular search, this time around. Many thanks for your help.
                            Last edited by bubblebelle; 27-04-15, 22:00.
                            Bubblebelle x

Comment

Working...
                            X