Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with mother?

hi,

hoping someone can help me find the "mother". I have her maiden name and I know her husband and daughters name but I can't find a marriage to get her name.

Daughter is Mabel Perry born 27 Feb 1914, according to freebmd MMN is Allen. My friend (whose tree this belongs to Mable was her gran) ordered Mabel's marriage cert (25th dec 1936, St Mary's Wandsworth) and father is listed as George James Perry, Scaffolder. I can't find a marriage for George to ? Allen.

please can anyone see if they can find a marriage for me thanks.
    **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Is this it?

June 1891 Lambeth 1d 679
    George James Perry
    Flora Ann J Allen

There must be other children!

OC

Comment

How about this one Amy?
      In 1911 - http://interactive.ancestry.co.uk/23...l=ReturnRecord

Possible marriage June 1891 in Lambeth ref 1d 679 - Flora Ann J Allen to (also on page) George James Perry
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Other children in 1911 are - Florence Elizabeth Perry 17 - George James Perry 15 - Edward William Perry 13 - William Perry 5 and Mary Ann Perry 2.
        Parents are - George James Perry 39 - Flora Ann Jane Perry 37
        Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 17-04-15, 13:28.
        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

thank you very much, looks like it could well be them, i will let my friend no and get her to order birth cert to be sure. I wasn't finding any records for George either on ancestry so no idea whats going on
          Last edited by yummy-mummy-amy; 17-04-15, 14:08.
          **no point asking the living for help as the dead are more helpful!!!**

https://purplerosefamilytree.blogspot.com/

Comment

there are 4 Public Family Trees on ancestry that have Flora Ann and George

The information on them is that George was born ca 1872, Oxton ............ but is taken from the 1911 census

There is apparently an Oxton in 4 English counties and 1 Scottish one

BUT he is on the 1911 as George James Perry ........... that might help a little!

:D :D

I just have to laugh!!!

I looked at the image of the 1911 Census .................

George James was born in Hoxton, London

another wonderful mistranscription and therefore mis-information on trees whose owner(s) did not check the image

They apparently had 10 children, 6 still living
            My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

That's really funny! I never usually bother with the transcription at all, much preferring to make up my own mind what the image says. Of course, if there's no image ...... hmmm, what are we getting??
              Anne

Comment

I always look at the image ...... it's amazing what mistakes are made.

I usually try to send in "Alternate Information" so that others will get a heads up

But, yes .......... what are we getting on those records which have become "no image" ones :(
                My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Working...
                X