Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irish Birth in Co Kerry would the reg be in Tralee ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irish Birth in Co Kerry would the reg be in Tralee ?

hopeless with Irish stuff

Not necessarily - reg districts in Co Kerry are: Cahirciveen, Dingle, Glin (dissolved after 1892 and split between Listowel and Rathkeale in adjoining co. Limerick), Kenmare, Killarney and Listowel as well as Tralee.

Do you have the name of a townland or any other info which might help identify the reg district?

Christine
    Last edited by Karamazov; 04-04-15, 23:29.
    Researching:
    HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

thanks for replying Christine all I know is their parents were married in Killucan Westmeath, am looking for the childrens births

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
        thanks for replying Christine all I know is their parents were married in Killucan Westmeath, am looking for the childrens births
        Puzzled
        Co Westmeath is a good distance away from Co Kerry so what is the connection you have between the two areas? Co Westmeath is almost slap bang in the middle of Ireland with Kerry in the southwest.
        Killucan falls within the reg district of Mullingar in Co Westmeath.
        Do you want to put parents' names and timeframe for the births on here - assuming people concerned are no longer alive?

Christine
        Last edited by Karamazov; 05-04-15, 01:49.
        Researching:
        HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

oh really ?
          I have the marriage of a Michael Keegan an Engineer born abt 1825 to a Mary Smyth born abt 1825 married 11 Oct 1845 in Killucan Westmeath am looking for any children of theirs, I know of one a Patrick Keegan born abt 1850 , but am trying to find any others as his family all died out by 1929 , so am hoping to find any siblings that survived longer.
          Does that make sense ?

Comment

This is what is coming up on Roots Ireland but unfortunately its pay to view for further info. Nothing coming up on Irish Genealogy for Westmeath.

Vera
            Last edited by vera2013; 06-04-15, 02:21.

Comment

Thanks Vera but that just says I have logged out? will see how much it costs

Comment

Thought that might happen Val

It used to cost 25 credits to view but I gather now they have a new system where you can subscribe for a month, 6 month, or a year

To search the Parishes you have to select the County on the map.

I put in Keegan, Killucan, father Michael mother Mary Smyth. Births/Baptisms between 1845-65. This is what I got.

Keegan:

Bridget 1846
                John 1848
                Patrick 1850
                Michael 1852
                Elizabeth 1855
                William 1857

Vera

Comment

oh brilliant Vera I wasn't sure if they were the right ones I owe you big time

Comment

Val I bought some credits yonks ago and when you do that, they give you, or did used to, free searches for limited info. I still have quite a few if you need any more look ups

Vera

Comment

That son Patrick is my Aunts Grandfather, he married and had 4 children 2 died very young one daughter married my aunts Father she died in 1929 and my aunt never knew her, the other Daughter is one I cannot find Mary Kate Keegan born 9 Apr 1891 in Cork I'd love to find if she married as she would be the only link to her Mother that I know of.

Comment

So its your aunt's aunt??? I can see her with family 1901 and 1911 so stayed with family until aged 20 at least in Cork.

Not seeing her in the Civil reg in Ireland or England for marriage or death using Mary Kate but then she could be registered as Mary and lots of them. There is Dublin m in 1909 but then there is also a Dublin birth which fits that marriage.

Unfortunately not all of Cork's records are on Roots Ireland only Cork North and she is not on there for a marriage using the parents names. Not on Irish Genealogy either.

I have found an online cemetery register for Cork City. Will check that out to see if there is an early death.
                        Wonder if she emigrated.

Vera

Comment

yes thats right Vera, auntie is 92 this year and never seen a photo of her Mother as after she died her stuff was destroyed by a new wife.
                          I would love to find out anything about her ,it as if she never existed.
                          Thanks for your help

Comment

Not sure if you have this. Whilst looking for Mary Kate in St Joseph's Cemetery, Cork City found a burial for

Mary Keegan aged 49 23 St Georges St. Not seeing Mary Kate yet

On Page 260

Vera
                            Last edited by vera2013; 07-04-15, 18:32.

Comment

oh thanks for that Vera that's the mother, am surprised she is in a poor ground , maybe I should be looking for the daughter under just Mary without a middle name too .

Comment

Yes I was surprised at that unless Patrick pre-deceased her.

That burial index only goes to 1917 unfortunately although they will look up later deaths providing you have the date. I see Mary was single at the time of Josephine's marriage and did not use Kate when she signed the register as a witness

There are marriages in Cork for 1921 1924 and 1941 but 11 possible spouses.

Vera
                                Last edited by vera2013; 07-04-15, 21:25.

Comment

Patrick died in 1929 same year as Josephine funny enough, he died in Little Sisters of the poor convent , considering he was an Engineer,Fireman, I would have thought he would have made sure his wife went into a better grave ? very odd.

Comment

I might ask auntie for the money to send for those marriages I could get the cheap copies couldn't I

Comment

That is strange. I wonder if he was in employment when Mary died. She died at home so I'm sure if he was still living there he would have provided a different spot for her. Maybe he was sick if he subsequently died in the Convent.

Yikes Val that a lot of mc's. Not sure but I think there is a cheap copy. Will check

Vera

Comment

in 1911 he is a Railway Engine driver and on his Death Cert it says Engineer , so should have earned good money.

Comment

Working...
                                        X